Johanna

I think I found a perfect name, and it may even replace my dear Josephine.

Johanna.

Today, in the shower, I was thinking about my future children’s names (because the best ideas always come while having shower!) and this popped into my head. It slightly honours two significant people for me, Josephine and Annabel (Johanna), whom I mentioned before and not going to type their stories again. It fits in my style, German and old royal. It also reminds me my beloved Josepha, which I love a lot but not going to use. And the diminutive Johanneke is a current crush of mine.
While I still love Josephine, I can more easily see myself with a Johanna.

What do you think?

10 Likes

Ooh, I like [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]. Makes me think of the play [name_u]Sweeney[/name_u] [name_m]Todd[/name_m] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_u]Tate[/name_u]’s kid.

1 Like

Johanna is so cute!! I know a little [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] nn [name_u]Jojo[/name_u]! I think it’s a perfect way to honor [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]! It’s the perfect way to honour [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

1 Like

Johanna is distinctive and unexpected! I like it

1 Like

Seems like the perfect name for you!

1 Like

beautifullllllllll! [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] is so lovely! I love how it honors [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], and it fits perfectly with your other names!

1 Like

I particularly love the [name_m]German[/name_m] pronunciation of [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] but the name is lovely altogether and nice that it honours [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] too.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]! How would you pronounce it?

1 Like

Probably yo-HAHN-ah but not quite sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How funny, I was just considering this one, as well! I love it! It’s fresh yet understated, all while somehow feeling bold. It’s hard to describe the powerful femininity of this name.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]! It seems perfect for you.

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]! It’s gorgeous :heart:

1 Like

I really love it. Like you say, classic and chic but never popular.

I once met a baby [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] nn [name_f]Joni[/name_f] :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I love the name [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]!! It would be perfect on a future child of yours—wonderful name!

1 Like

I like how it honours two important people for you. But I do prefer [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

1 Like

Love it and knew one in childhood. She was [name_m]German[/name_m] and I always found the name fun to say and chic :sparkling_heart: And it’s an honor name for you as well!

1 Like

I actually really like [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]! It’s not my usual style but I think it’s lovely and I do prefer it over [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

1 Like

I know a [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] with this pronunciation and recently heard her being called [name_f]Yo[/name_f]-[name_f]Yo[/name_f] as a nickname which I thought was adorable.

1 Like

Nothing replaces [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] :joy:! Although I do really like [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]. [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] I prefer, but [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] totally works!

1 Like