John Sebastian, Calvin Ondr”s, or Seth Owen?

Hello ladies! So, I posted DH’s and my starting list for both boys and girls a few weeks ago, and we have since then narrowed down the boys portion.

If we decide to go with [name]John[/name] as the first name (in honor of DH’s father and in the first name slot because of flow - the baby would be known by his middle name), we’re thinking of either:
[name]John[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]John[/name] [name]Fletcher[/name]
or [name]John[/name] [name]Forrester[/name]

Soon-to-be Grandpa [name]John[/name]'s middle name is [name]Andre[/name] (pn on-DRAY), and we are also considering using this as the middle name. BUt, i’m not too keen on the [name]Andre[/name] spelling. To maintain the pronunciation, we’re thinking about [name]Andrei[/name], Ondre, or Ondrei. We might also go with Andr”s or Ondr”s (pn on-DRAY-es) if it sounds better. (last name is short, a bit harsh - one syllable, similar to Strong.) Opinions on any of those? We like:
[name]Calvin[/name] Ondr”s / Ondrei
[name]Simon[/name] Ondr”s / Ondrei

I know a lot of people don’t really like double-first names (not joined by a hyphen), but I sometimes do. Lately, I’ve been liking [name]Seth[/name] [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Reed[/name] [name]Owen[/name], where he’d be called by both of those names (possibly just the first as an occasional nn though). Thoughts or even suggestions for double male names (they don’t have to be with [name]Owen[/name] in the middle)?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and for all your feedback! Suggestions are always welcome!

~[name]Anja[/name]

I love [name]John[/name] [name]SEbastian[/name]! I dont like double first names and I dnt like Ondre spelling at all.

[quote=“bigbluedogs”]Hello ladies! So, I posted DH’s and my starting list for both boys and girls a few weeks ago, and we have since then narrowed down the boys portion.

If we decide to go with [name]John[/name] as the first name (in honor of DH’s father and in the first name slot because of flow - the baby would be known by his middle name), we’re thinking of either:
[name]John[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] - love the most
[name]John[/name] [name]Fletcher[/name]
or [name]John[/name] [name]Forrester[/name]

Soon-to-be Grandpa [name]John[/name]'s middle name is [name]Andre[/name] (pn on-DRAY), and we are also considering using this as the middle name. BUt, i’m not too keen on the [name]Andre[/name] spelling. To maintain the pronunciation, we’re thinking about [name]Andrei[/name], Ondre, or Ondrei. We might also go with Andr”s or Ondr”s (pn on-DRAY-es) if it sounds better. (last name is short, a bit harsh - one syllable, similar to Strong.) Opinions on any of those? We like:
[name]Calvin[/name] Ondr”s / Ondrei
[name]Simon[/name] Ondr”s / Ondrei

• love both first names so much. Prefer [name]Andre[/name] spelling. [name]Love[/name] [name]Andrew[/name], too. And [name]Andreas[/name].

I know a lot of people don’t really like double-first names (not joined by a hyphen), but I sometimes do. Lately, I’ve been liking [name]Seth[/name] [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Reed[/name] [name]Owen[/name], where he’d be called by both of those names (possibly just the first as an occasional nn though). Thoughts or even suggestions for double male names (they don’t have to be with [name]Owen[/name] in the middle)?

I wouldn’t want to have a double name. Would you like that? Unless I lived in the South - then I’d fit in. [name]Love[/name] [name]Billy[/name] [name]Bob[/name] [name]Thornton[/name]'s name so much. I really do, I’m not kidding.

I think I have to agree here. The spelling of [name]Andre[/name] any other way looks weird and double first names seem high maintenance or something. Go with [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Andre[/name] ____________ or something like that I’ think.
Best of luck and congrats!

[name]John[/name] [name]Forrester[/name]- I think it sounds the best with the one syllable last name.
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Andre[/name]- cute. I like the spelling [name]Andre[/name] best.
[name]Seth[/name] [name]Owen[/name]- adorable

I like [name]John[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] the most! And i agree that Ondres looks a bit weird. I have always none [name]Andres[/name] to be pronounced like ondres.

I think a double first name is, somehow, very feminine. I wouldn’t go that route for a boy. I also think [name]Andre[/name]'s spelling should be left alone as that is the common spelling.

Between, [name]Andre[/name] and [name]John[/name] (since it seems important to you to honor your father-in-law), my preference would definitely be [name]John[/name]. BUT, I would use it in the middle (since you aren’t planning on calling the baby [name]John[/name] anyway). This does create some flow issues in terms of [name]John[/name] and Strong being two one syllable names right next to each other, but I think it actually sounds fine, especially if you use a longer first name to balance (and this is a better option overall than [name]John[/name] Strong being the formal name, since most of the time the middle name is omitted anyway).

One other thing: You seem to like names that end with an n, but I don’t think these work best with [name]John[/name] or Strong.

Some suggestions you might like:
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]John[/name] Strong
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]John[/name] Strong
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]John[/name] Strong
[name]Samuel[/name] [name]John[/name] Strong