Jolene/Jolie

Would [name_f]Jolene[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] work? Or is [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] too much of a “name” to be a nickname?

I like this idea :slight_smile:
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f] certainly brings some sass to [name_f]Jolene[/name_f], and I actually think [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] is better as a nickname or middle name than as a first.
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f] is so musical and sweet ^^

[name_f]Jolie[/name_f] is actually the [name_m]French[/name_m] word for ‘pretty’ and I really like it. Are you [name_m]French[/name_m]? I don’t think it’s too much of a name to be a nickname. My sister in law named her daughter [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f]. (We are Cajun [name_m]French[/name_m] from [name_f]Louisiana[/name_f]…). [name_f]Jolene[/name_f] reminds me of the [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] [name_m]Parton[/name_m] song but I do like it.

[name_f]Jolene[/name_f] nn [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] would work. But you really must ask yourself if you would be comfortable with people frequently saying things like…

“[name_f]Jolene[/name_f] like the [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] [name_m]Parton[/name_m] song?”

“[name_f]Jolie[/name_f] like [name_f]Angelina[/name_f]?”

[name_f]Jolene[/name_f] nn [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] would work. But you really must ask yourself if you would be comfortable with people frequently saying things like…

“[name_f]Jolene[/name_f] like the [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] [name_m]Parton[/name_m] song?”

“[name_f]Jolie[/name_f] like [name_f]Angelina[/name_f]?”

I’m not [name_m]French[/name_m] (although I go every other year to [name_u]Paris[/name_u]) but I am Southern!

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] is very pretty!

I like [name_f]Jolene[/name_f]. [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] is fine as a nickname for [name_f]Jolene[/name_f] but I dislike [name_f]Jolie[/name_f].

I actually really like the idea of using [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Jolene[/name_f].

I really like both names separately, and I think [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] as a nn is really cute!

I prefer [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] to [name_f]Jolene[/name_f] - it’s just sweeter sounding, [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. I went to school with a girl named [name_f]Joelle[/name_f], who was sometimes called [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] as a nickname.

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

Thanks everyone.

Is Jolienne pronounced the same way as [name_f]Jolene[/name_f]?