Jonquils Top Ten

What I have learned from my baby name fueled past few weeks is that I love the -a ending for girls and -iah for boy. So you’ll see a lot of that here. Please let me know your thoughts! I know these names aren’t to everyone’s taste, but they are really important to me.

1. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
Summary

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] is for the idea both that [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] is my son’s shepherd, and that he is his own shepherd and doesn’t have to follow anyone else’s path. I’ve loved this name for years and years. [name_m]Charles[/name_m] would be his great-grandfather’s name, who is one of the most honorable men I have ever met.

1. [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
Summary

[name_m]Enoch[/name_m] is one of my favorite Biblical characters due to the pure and faithful life that he led. I also just find that it’s an extremely beautiful name, very handsome and strong. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is both a nature name and the name of [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] in the Chronicles of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f], which are some of my most beloved books.

1. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Summary

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] was a very just judge in the Bible, whose story I’ve always admired. I love the cadence of the name, too. [name_u]Sage[/name_u] is an amazing name all around, be if for the wise sages, the sagebrush in the Bible, or sage itself.

1. [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]
Summary

[name_u]Genesis[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u] is a combo where I never considered any other pairing. I just adore the idea of being born in peace and rising in peace. [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] is the first book in the Bible, and therefore one of the most important.

1. [name_m]Jubal[/name_m] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
Summary

[name_m]Jubal[/name_m] is a wonderful Biblical character, and paired with [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]’ light, it’s a name full of promise and song and happiness.

1. [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m]
Summary

Oh, what can I say about [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]? It’s beautiful and lyrical, holds my favorite verses of the Bible, and has the magical -iah sound. [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] is after the idea that [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] is our ransom.

1. [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
Summary

Another double Biblical name pairing. Hekekiah was a very admirable Biblicsl character, and [name_m]Peter[/name_m] is the name of a character in several of my favorite novels.

1. [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
Summary

I love [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m]’s meaning and sound. It just makes me smile! [name_u]James[/name_u] is one of my favorite classic names, and it was the name of a dear childhood friend.

1. [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
Summary

I’m noticing that most of my boy name combos follow a theme of which [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] is no exception: a Biblical name and a literary name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

1. [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u]
Summary

Last but not least, we have [name_u]Asher[/name_u]. I adore [name_u]Asher[/name_u]. Something about it just makes me so happy. [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] is a lovely word and a lovely sentiment for a little boy’s name. It also rings slightly [name_u]Christian[/name_u] to me with the many Bible verses that speak of strength and courage.

Stunning! So packed with meaning - earthy, gentle and lovely

I’m not a fan of [name_m]Enoch[/name_m]. It sounds harsh to me. [name_u]Elim[/name_u] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] would be nice

[name_u]Love[/name_u], love this. Such a kind and wise sounding name

2. [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]
    I’ve never considered [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] for a boy but it really works. This name is so peaceful and meaningful

3. [name_m]Jubal[/name_m] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
    [name_m]Jubal[/name_m] is intriguing - i really enjoy the sounds though - unexpectedly soothing!

4. [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m]
    [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] but [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] has negative connotations to me

5. [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
    [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] is a big name but [name_m]Peter[/name_m] brings a gentleness to it

6. [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
    Really well balanced and bold

7. [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
    This is wonderful. The flow is unique and i love both names

8. [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u]
    I adore this. It’s so gentle yet cheery - knightly but calming

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]: [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] is one of my favorite names for a boy! I think [name_m]Shep[/name_m] as a nickname is so cute. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is well-balanced.

[name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]: I like both names individually, but they blend together when you say them out loud because of the shared ending/beginning. I might look for a different middle name.

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]: Perfect! I love the balancing of the syllables. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] is such a fun name in my mind, and [name_u]Sage[/name_u] adds some wisdom too it.

[name_u]Genesis[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]: I love [name_u]Pax[/name_u], but [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] isn’t my favorite. I think it works better on a girl, too.

[name_m]Jubal[/name_m] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]: Not really my style, but I think the combo works.

[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m]: [name_u]Love[/name_u]! I’ve had a crush on the name [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] ever since I saw the movie Knives Out. [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] is one of the softer boys names, and I think [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] adds some spice!

[name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]: Not my style, but it’s a balanced combo.

[name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]: Good combo. I was about to suggest [name_m]Obie[/name_m] as a sweet nickname, but then I remembered [name_m]Obi[/name_m]-Wan Kenobi.

[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! What a cool name.

[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u]: Similar to my comments about [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m]. I love the pairing of a softer name with something strong.

All nice combos! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u], and [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m]. Those three are perfection.

I really like this one. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] is so meaningful and yet sounds so modern.

2. [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
    I like [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and the link to [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] but not so much [name_m]Enoch[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] would be an amazing first name too.

3. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
    I love this one and the idea of a wise judge.

4. [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]
    [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] is another awesome name. I am not so sure about [name_u]Pax[/name_u] as a middle.

5. [name_m]Jubal[/name_m] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
    There is nothing wrong with this combo, but I just prefer so many of the others.

6. [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m]
    I like [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] but not so much [name_m]Ransom[/name_m].

7. [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
    I like [name_m]Peter[/name_m], not [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m].

8. [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
    [name_u]James[/name_u] is so classic but I am not sure about [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m].

9. [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
    I really like this combo. It’s very cool

10. [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u]
    I love this combo too. Another very cool combination.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], and [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u]. I particularly like [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] because is has the Biblical connection that is very important to you while being very subtle and unexpected. It carries a lot of meaning without being too obvious. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] also just sounds so lovely and seems like it would bestow wonderful virtues upon a baby. Those are my top two from your list!

I am not [name_u]Christian[/name_u], but I love the name [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and its significance for believers. It pairs beautiful with family name [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. This is my favorite of your combinations.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] as a nature name/biblical name, but don’t like [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] as much. Maybe because of the lack of nicknames?? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_m]Eben[/name_m]? I find it’s similar to [name_m]Enoch[/name_m], but warmer.

I like this one a lot, but I find it a bit trendier than some of your other picks, which may or may not bother you.

1. [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]

This seems like a girl’s name to me. I knew a female [name_u]Genesis[/name_u], and it was the name of the women’s shelter in my college town. There’s nothing wrong with gender neutral names, just something to consider! Also, I like the combined meaning, but it’s a little too over-the-top/literal for my tastes.

1. [name_m]Jubal[/name_m] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]

I’ve never heard of [name_m]Jubal[/name_m]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]. I would probably prefer this one the other way around. [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] [name_m]Jubal[/name_m] is lovely.

1. [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m]

I can’t get over the negative associations of [name_m]Ransom[/name_m], but this combo does sound great and I like [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m].

1. [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]

Unless [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] was called “[name_m]Zeke[/name_m],” I think it’s too much name. I love [name_m]Peter[/name_m], though, and I think it’s underused.

1. [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_m]Obie[/name_m] is not ready for a comeback. It reminds me of a cartoon character, and I think he may be teased.

1. [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]

I like this one for you a lot. It seems cutting edge in terms of style, as well.

1. [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u]

I love [name_u]Asher[/name_u]. [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] is a lot of name. I prefer the similar [name_u]Noble[/name_u].

Overall, I’ve always loved that you have such a distinctive style and I think all of these names fit beautifully within it.