Jonquils’ Top Twenty

After much deliberation, here is my top twenty names for baby boys! What do you all think?

1. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
  3. [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
  4. [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]
  5. [name_m]Jubal[/name_m] [name_u]Azariah[/name_u]
  6. [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
  7. [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
  8. [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m]
  9. [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
  10. [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u]
  11. [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
  12. [name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m] [name_m]Gilead[/name_m]
  13. [name_m]Jerome[/name_m] [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]
  14. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Zebedee[/name_m]
  15. [name_m]Japheth[/name_m] [name_m]Saint[/name_m]
  16. Zephiel [name_m]Canaan[/name_m]
  17. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
  18. [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] [name_m]Tabor[/name_m]
  19. [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]
  20. [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
2 Likes

I would switch #1 and #9’s middle names. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] just feels very abrupt to me.

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] and [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] are to die for! Ahhh I love them!

[name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] sounds a little too descriptive to me, like [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] who is from [name_u]Rome[/name_u]. Maybe that’s just me though…

The rest are all lovely and flow nicely!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I actually quite like the sound of [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] is one that I’ve gone back and forth on . . . I love [name_m]Roman[/name_m] for the book of Romans, and I love [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m], so it felt natural to pair them together.

1 Like

I LOVE [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]. Also have a soft spot for [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] :smiley:

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this, too! [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] is great!

1 Like

What a handsome, wonderful list!!!
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u], [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Zebedee[/name_m]!

1 Like

[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] are my favourites from your list! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your boys names have such a gentle, homey vibe, which I really like. All of them sound so cool and peaceful, like the first spring rain. I really like your style! [name_u]Unique[/name_u], even somewhat quirky, yet somehow familiar and comforting, if that makes sense. :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites:
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] - I just adore these two together! Such a perfect pairing.
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]

2 Likes

Thank you, all! I’m so thrilled that people actually like some of these. What would you call my naming style?

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] and [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] are extraordinary ideas for a boy! I really like [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]. [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m], [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Zebedee[/name_m], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] and [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] are great too.

I would say your style combines spiritual/religious names, powerful word names and also traditional old-fashioned names.

2 Likes

[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] is absolutely swoonworthy! It’s so soft and strong and evocative. :heart_eyes:

You have so many incredible names in here! I love [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_m]Ransom[/name_m], [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m], [name_m]Saint[/name_m], Zephiel, [name_m]Canaan[/name_m], [name_m]Tabor[/name_m], [name_m]Roman[/name_m], and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m].

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u], Zephiel [name_m]Canaan[/name_m], [name_m]Japheth[/name_m] [name_m]Saint[/name_m], and [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] are all such interesting and original combos. You have such a signature naming style!

2 Likes

Great list. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]. I also like [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] (though I’d prefer it reversed), [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] & [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u]. I also really want to like [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], but that repeated C between each name throws the flow off…maybe [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] & [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] you like?

1 Like

I’m not sure what to call your style… It feels rather Victorian, heavily influenced by Christianity and a bit by nature, too. I think the majority of them would be right at home in a [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] novel or something. (And I’d say your girl names match quite well.) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not going to pretend that I didn’t fall in love with the name [name_f]Bathsheba[/name_f] after reading Far From the Madding Crowd. :heart: Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I spent so much time trying to create the perfect combos, it warms my heart to see them received well.

These are just as stunning as your top twenty for girls :wink:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are:

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m] [name_m]Gilead[/name_m]
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m] [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Zebedee[/name_m]
[name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] absolute favorite is [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Zebedee[/name_m], I’m totally in love with that one.

1 Like
  1. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
    I adore this. It’s all things soft and rugged.

2. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
    This name feels so adventurous and wise, soft and studious but also rough and tumble

3. [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
    I admit i don’t like [name_m]Enoch[/name_m]. It’s a bit harsh and I’m not quite sure on the flow of this. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is brilliant though. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Enoch[/name_m], [name_u]Jericho[/name_u] [name_m]Casper[/name_m]/[name_m]Jethro[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]. [name_m]Jubal[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] would be interesting too and [name_u]Elim[/name_u] [name_u]Azariah[/name_u]

4. [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]
    Intriguing and unexpected. I like it a lot

5. [name_m]Jubal[/name_m] [name_u]Azariah[/name_u]
    [name_u]Azariah[/name_u]!! So pleased to see this being used. [name_m]Jubal[/name_m] is interesting and i think it’s one that will have to grow on me

6. [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
    This is a dreamy combo. I love funky [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] with the slightly clunky [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]. They just fit

7. [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
    This is really well balanced between bold and harder sounds with gentle, classic [name_m]Peter[/name_m]

8. [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m]
    [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] isn’t my fave but [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] is fantastic and they flow well together

9. [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
    Nice balance between the big bold [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] and simple [name_u]James[/name_u]

10. [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u]
    [name_u]Love[/name_u], love this. The wonderfully cheerful [name_u]Asher[/name_u] with the strong but playful [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] is perfect

11. [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
    [name_u]Love[/name_u] seeing [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] and i think [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] fits well.

12. [name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m] [name_m]Gilead[/name_m]
    I like the flow of this though [name_m]Gilead[/name_m] reminds me of the Handmaids Tale which isnt the best connotations. [name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m] is so cool though

13. [name_m]Jerome[/name_m] [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]
    This sounds so grand and confident!

14. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Zebedee[/name_m]
    [name_m]Zebedee[/name_m]!! I’m noy wild on [name_m]Simon[/name_m] but i think it fits with names like [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] on the list

15. [name_m]Japheth[/name_m] [name_m]Saint[/name_m]
    [name_m]How[/name_m] is [name_m]Japheth[/name_m] said? I’m finding it a bit tricky to say, sorry

16. Zephiel [name_m]Canaan[/name_m]
    This is so cool! Unusual and brilliant and i love the sounds

17. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
    Another dreamy combo. Both [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] and [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] aee soft and friendly and i love the vibe of this name

18. [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] [name_m]Tabor[/name_m]
    Ooh, this is really interesting. I love [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] and [name_m]Tabor[/name_m] is ntriguing

19. [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]
    [name_m]Roman[/name_m] is one that’s grown on me and i love it with [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]

20. [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
    [name_m]Judah[/name_m] and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] feel so perfect together! Great combo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Such a cool list. Each combo is distinctive and memorable. I especially love [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m], [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u], [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Zebedee[/name_m], and [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]!

1 Like

I love:

Shepherd [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]

A lot of your combos feel too Mayflower-ish to me, but maybe that’s what you’re going for?

1 Like

It wasn’t my intention to be Mayflower-ish, but that was definitely the result, and I don’t really mind it. :slight_smile: