Joseph or Arthur

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone,

We have two girls, [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Adele[/name_f] and are expecting a baby boy in 4 weeks. Husband is english, I am [name_m]French[/name_m], and our choices are either: [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] OR [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]…

We can’t make a decision, can we get your opinion and suggestions please??!! Much appreciated!

Both are great!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] your girls names!! Both [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Adele[/name_f] were in my top 5 if this cherub had been a girl but having a precious boy.

Both your choices are great, you really can’t go wrong. As a standalone name I prefer [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]? I prefer that to [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. GL

I prefer [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is very much [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and [name_f]Maria[/name_f].

Both are handsome but I definitely prefer [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]!

I prefer [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]!
It is a classic name without being an old man name.
It goes great with your girls’ names.
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is also nice, I just don’t like the r-th sound.

We are thinking [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]… at least it’s the name today, we’ll see if it changes in the next 4 weeks! It was exactly my husband’s fathers name and my husband’s middle name is [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] so I guess it means a lot to him :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], but I’m not a fan of siblings with repeated initials (though that does not bother everyone, I know), so for that reason I’d choose [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - though I do prefer the flow of [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] if that’s an option. Either way, both are strong and handsome names and you can’t go wrong with either!

I like both, but its hard to find a better name than [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]. One of the best.

[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]!

I like both, but I think [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] will be shortened to [name_u]Jo[/name_u], so I would go with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].

I think [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is a fantastic name, but I think [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] goes slightly better with your daughters’ names. You really can go wrong either way!

And anyone feel strongly against going for [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] as a name? [name_u]Francis[/name_u] being the first name. We are still not sure about [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], seems people love it or hate it!!

I much prefer [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] over [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I think both go fine with sisters’ names. I love short form [name_m]Joe[/name_m] for a boy. I’m not keen on [name_u]Francis[/name_u] personally, though I think [name_m]Frank[/name_m] is very cool.