Josephine and Aurelia's brother

I’ve got my list of ideas, but it’s just starting to sound wrong to me for a couple of reasons. I wanted to see if anyone would throw out some names that they could see with [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name], without the bias of the names I’ve already considered.

[name]Josephine[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name] &

[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Balthasar[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Bartholomew[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name]

Thank you butterfly. Hmmm, none of those really hit quite the right note, except for [name]Oliver[/name], which I adore but hubby hates.

[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]

Thanks. [name]Gabriel[/name] is one to consider, I like that if it seems to go well with [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name]. [name]Julian[/name] is another big favorite, but it’s on the list for if we’ve had no girls and the third is a boy as well and we’re finished trying for a girl. (my family is one with all J names, and though I can’t resist [name]Josephine[/name] as my first daughter’s name, I just can’t have more than one child with a J name.) I think maybe my underlying concern is that I don’t really feel like [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name] go together very well, but I love each name for individual reasons and really want them to work as sisters.

[name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Christian[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Leonardo[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]

I crossed off some repeats so it’s not very long. Sorry.

[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Zachary[/name]
[name]Bertram[/name]- not sure if you’ll like this, but I have to suggest it since I love it and you seem brave enough to use it :slight_smile:
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]

I was going over some lists when I saw [name]Lucius[/name]. For some reason, I think it is a perfect fit with [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name]. Sorry if you hate it, but I think it is great!

[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Beauregard[/name]
[name]Montgomery[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]

I think [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name] sound great together! :slight_smile:

I tried really hard not to give any repeats!

[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Emmanuel[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Richard[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Leander[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Zachariah[/name]
[name]Xavior[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] (oops sorry! No Js, right?)
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Gordon[/name]
Henrick
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Paul[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name]

So many great names everyone! Thank you for making me feel like there is a boy’s name that can go with the feel of both [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name]. I very much want a daugter named [name]Josephine[/name], after my father, and somehow I’ve lately been feeling like my second daughter’s name needs to be more similar to the feel of [name]Josephine[/name], so I’ve been trying to convince myself about [name]Elizabeth[/name] (nn [name]Eliza[/name]) which I like very much, but I don’t love it the way I love [name]Aurelia[/name]. I’m feeling much better about [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name] now, with (of those you suggested):
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Lucius[/name] (jennie- I love this name, in fact I love most Latin boy’s names, but my hangup is that our niece’s name is [name]Lucy[/name], she lives near us and we’re very very close to her. So I’m not sure if it’s weird or not. [name]Lucy[/name]'s mom once said that she loved the name [name]Lucas[/name] for a son of ours when I was talking about names, so I don’t know if she’d mind [name]Lucius[/name] or not)

I’ll also tell you some names that had been on my list that I still like.

[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Damian[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]- I love this for it’s quirky vintage feel, but I think it would need to be a middle name, as it feels to short next to the girl’s names.

(Other’s that I love love love but can’t use for various reasons are: [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Tristan[/name], [name]Felix[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Mateo[/name], and [name]Elias[/name]. So they are, unfortunately, out of the running)

So, opinions on [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Vincent[/name], [name]Dominic[/name], [name]Damian[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Lucius[/name], and/or [name]Nathaniel[/name] are welcome!!

I love [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name] together! Looking back, I’m not sure why I voted for the first combo in your other thread, because I love [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name] too much together to pass up! :slight_smile:

[name]Sebastian[/name]: I love it, as well as the [name]Baz[/name] nickname.

[name]Vincent[/name]: I think it’s so handsome, and I love it with [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Dominic[/name]: I love it, too, but with [name]Vincent[/name], the boys’ names take on an Italian feel to me, which seems different from the vintage theme of [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name].

[name]Damian[/name]: I know it’s a handsome name, but I’m still working on separating [name]Damian[/name] from The Omen. (So far, no luck, but I’m still trying…) :slight_smile:

[name]Gabriel[/name]: I love [name]Gabriel[/name], but because I’m pronouncing [name]Aurelia[/name] with a “ray” sound, [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name] sound very similar to me.

[name]Lucas[/name]: I like the other names on your list more with [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name].

[name]Lucius[/name]: I like it a lot!

[name]Nathaniel[/name]: I really love [name]Nathaniel[/name]!

From your list, my favorites with [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name] are [name]Vincent[/name], [name]Dominic[/name], and [name]Lucius[/name], because to me, they share the girls’ names vintage feel.

I tried to remember the previous suggestions, but I’ve already forgotten them! I’m sure that a lot of these will be repeats, so I’m really sorry!

[name]Josephine[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name], and:

[name]Barnaby[/name] (nn [name]Abe[/name])
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Maximilian[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Vincent[/name], [name]Dominic[/name], and [name]Lucius[/name] top my list at this point. I still really like [name]Damian[/name], but perhaps that’s because I’m not a horror movie person and I’ve never seen The Omen. Nevertheless, enough people have a bad connotation with it, that even though I don’t think it’s sensible, I don’t necessarily want my son to start out at a disadvantage because of what people associate his name with. [name]Lucius[/name] had the issue of his cousin being named [name]Lucy[/name], not sure how much that bothers me, since I really like the name. [name]Sebastian[/name] is the name of a ‘distant’ family friend, who, ironically, named his son a name extremely similar to my husband’s name (but we know for sure it wasn’t in honor of my husband), so it would be ironic if we named our son [name]Sebastian[/name]. [name]Dominic[/name] is the name of two very irritating students that I have right now, but I’m trying very hard to keep them from tainting the name for me, and so far I’m succeeding.

Now, if I could just get pregnant already and pair these great names with little people.

Haha, I feel this way ALL the time! :slight_smile:

I know it’s probably because I thought of it, but I have to vote for [name]Lucius[/name] all the way. I haven’t been able to get it out of my head since I suggested it; it just seems so perfect and I’m really glad you like it!
I don’t think that little [name]Lucy[/name] will be a problem, especially if her mother suggested [name]Lucas[/name] which is very close to [name]Lucius[/name]. However, I would definitely run it by her. My sister in law told me I could name my son [name]Gideon[/name] (because my husband loves it) even though it’s the name of her son, as long as I give her some warning. I’m not going to, but it’s nice to know that some people don’t mind other kids with “their” names, even family.

Good luck!

My favorites are:
[name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name] - those three go perfectly ([name]IMO[/name]) with your girls’ names, you can get gorgeous nicknames of them and are so good. Good luck!

Lots of great names!
If I had to pick, I would pick [name]Nathaniel[/name]. I think it has great flow with the girls’ names (which I [name]LOVE[/name] by the way!), both sound and look wise.

[name]Sebastian[/name]~ Oh I love love love this name! And I think it pairs beautifully with the girls’ names. Definitely my favorite of your picks!

[name]Vincent[/name]~ [name]Love[/name] it with the girls’ names!

[name]Dominic[/name]~ Cute, but seems more contemporary than your other names to me.

[name]Damian[/name]~ I’m not feeling it. I don’t know any specific negative connotations but I’ve never quite liked this name. Maybe it’s the fact that it sounds like “demon” to me. But that’s just me!

[name]Gabriel[/name]~ I agree with [name]Jill[/name] that the “Ay” sound in [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name] are a little repetitive. Not terrible though, just enough to make me like the other choices more.

[name]Lucas[/name]~ Handsome, charming, works beautifully with both girl names.

[name]Lucius[/name]~ I prefer [name]Lucas[/name], but it still works well!

[name]Nathaniel[/name]~ For some reason this just seems a little lackluster compared to the other more interesting names on your list.

My personal favorites by far are [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Lucas[/name] and [name]Vincent[/name], with [name]Sebastian[/name] taking my vote!
Good luck!

Thanks everybody. I think I like [name]Sebastian[/name] best of them all with the girls’ names, but, predictably, my husband hated it. There’s something that I just love about the feel of names like [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Felix[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], etc. that he can’t stand. I’ll keep working on him, slowly, and maybe he’ll come around, but I’ve got to give it a rest for a while. So, as it stands, he and I both like [name]Vincent[/name], [name]Dominic[/name], and [name]Lucius[/name] the best, though there are issues about [name]Dominic[/name] (popularity with students at my school) and [name]Lucius[/name] (similarity to our niece [name]Lucy[/name]) that give me pause. I think [name]Sebastian[/name] would work very nicely, but we’ll just have to see about that.

I love [name]Ezra[/name]! I also like [name]Ira[/name] which has a similar feel. Since you like [name]Lucius[/name] I wonder if you would like [name]Lucian[/name] which I love :slight_smile:

[name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Bartholomew[/name]
[name]Bede[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Dorian[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]/[name]Francis[/name]/[name]Frank[/name]
[name]Isidore[/name]
[name]Ivor[/name]