Josephine

Beautiful? Ugly? What does it conjure for you? Too much “[name]Joseph[/name]?” Would you use it? What nickname(s) would you use?

I won’t use it for my daughter, but I think it’s a nice name. I love [name]Posey[/name] as its nickname :slight_smile:

I love [name]Josephine[/name]!!! It is on my short list. I don’t particularly like the NN [name]Josie[/name] it reminds me of [name]Josie[/name] and the pussy cats, but it is not all bad. My favorite NN for it is [name]Effie[/name]. I think [name]Josephine[/name] has some spunk but still has a vintage charm :slight_smile:

[name]Josephine[/name] is a beautiful name. It’s a strong, vintage and elegant name that bucks all trends. My fave nn is [name]Posey[/name] but when you’re feeling sassy you can call her [name]Fifi[/name] too!

Strong beautiful name, but somewhat harsh.

I love [name]Josephine[/name]! She’s a long-time love of mine. It’s classic and strong, but has cute nn’s… My favorite is [name]Posey[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though we’ve chosed it as a nn for our LO (if it’s a girl), I can totally see myself calling her [name]Posey[/name] anyway, since I love it so much.

I really like it and it is my daughters second middle name . I’d use it as a first if it didn’t clash with our last name

I think it’s lovely. Sephi is cute as a nn.

My stepdaughter has [name]Josephine[/name] as one of her middle names, which makes me happy because it’s a long time love of mine.

I like the name [name]Josephine[/name]. It’s pretty and classic. I like the nickname [name]Jo[/name]. :slight_smile:

I love this name but really want to use [name]Joseph[/name] if I ever have a son, so I probably won’t ever use it. I like [name]Josie[/name], [name]Posie[/name], and Phee/[name]Fee[/name]/Fi/[name]Fina[/name]/Phina etc. I don’t love [name]Effie[/name] or [name]Fifi[/name] although they’re not all that bad. I think it’s great, classic and vintage and cool.

All best!

[name]Josephine[/name] is in our top 3 for baby girl due in [name]January[/name]. Clearly I love it, and think there’s a lot you can do with it. It’s vintage and spunky to me, and manages to honor about 4 different family members at once (male and female!)

The name has really been growing on me. I knew a [name]Josephine[/name] that wasn’t really nice back in middle school, but ever since [name]Princess[/name] [name]Mary[/name] of Denmark named her daughter [name]Josephine[/name], I’ve come to notice how charming it is.

[name]Josephine[/name] sounds strong and elegant and has so many choices of nicknames.

I love [name]Josephine[/name]! It sounds very regal, and I agree with others that [name]Posey[/name] is a cute nickname. I like [name]Josie[/name] too, even if it reminds me a bit of the '80s. I couldn’t convince my husband to put [name]Josephine[/name] on our short list, because we’re looking for Spanish names, and neither of us like [name]Josefina[/name]. But it’s a great name!

I like it!! It’s a classy name [name]IMO[/name] which is going to become popular in few years.

[name]Love[/name] it. It’s my first choice for my daughter due in February. I like [name]Jo[/name], [name]Josie[/name], and [name]Posie[/name], so we’ll just have to see which suits her the best. I always think of [name]Jo[/name] [name]March[/name] from [name]Little[/name] Women - one of my favorite literary characters.

I love [name]Josephine[/name], especially with the nickname [name]Josie[/name]. It’s a recent love of mine, but I think it’s timeless. It’s beautiful.

I know I’m in a minority here but I really dislike [name]Josephine[/name]. Its one of the few “vintage old lady” names that I don’t like.
Whats weird is that it IS my style, so I should like it, but I don’t understand the appeal at all.
I don’t think it has a particularly nice sound and it also comes across a little masculine.
Sorry!

This is my favorite name and one day I plan on naming my daughter [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Josephine[/name]. It’s beautiful and strong, and sounds perfect for a little girl, a young woman, and an aging adult. I like the nicknames [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Jo[/name]. I probably wouldn’t use it as a first name since I have associations with the nickname [name]Josie[/name], but I love it as a middle name.