Josianna

What are your thoughts and impression of [name_f]Josianna[/name_f] or [name_f]Josiane[/name_f]? Is it too frilly or does it sound made up? I just thought of it as a long form for [name_u]Josie[/name_u]. My vetoed [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] or [name_f]Josette[/name_f].

It looks made up to me. I think [name_u]Josie[/name_u] can stand on it’s own though, I don’t think a long form is necessary.

Thanks I was worried it looked made up but then I thought maybe it’s just because it’s so uncommon.

Not a fan. Looks like you stuck two names together

I’m not a fan. I agree it looks made up and it has multiple pronunciations… Not sure if it’s [name_u]Josie[/name_u]-AN-uh or [name_u]Josie[/name_u]-[name_m]AH[/name_m]-nuh. However, I’m also in love with a name that most people are telling me seems made up since it’s so uncommon ([name_f]Coralie[/name_f]).

Yeah, I’m afraid I agree that it looks made-up and a bit too frilly. [name_u]Josie[/name_u] can definitely stand on its own [name_f]IMO[/name_f], or as a nn it only really works for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f].

I think you can just go with [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and be done with it.

I think [name_u]Josie[/name_u] can stand by itself, no longer form needed :slight_smile: