Josie, Jack, Zoe and ?

I posted about our name dilemma about a month ago. Then, we had all but 100% decided on [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. My husband LOVES this name and feels in his gut that it’s THE name but I suddenly got cold feet. It doesn’t feel 100% right to me - not spunky enough, maybe too sweet and even a little churchy (we are NOT religious).

THEN, we decided on [name]Piper[/name] [name]Anne[/name] (my grandmother’s name was [name]Anne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and I really would like one of those for a middle). I felt [name]Piper[/name] fit well with [name]Zoe[/name] and it sounds playful and spunky. BUT, I just remembered my cousin named his daughter [name]Piper[/name]. Crap! With family, it just feels wrong, you know? Two Pipers at family get-togethers (that we have yearly)? No.

So I neeeedd hhheeellpppp!

I’d like to avoid other J names and other Z names, if possible.

Thanks, guys!

First of all, I love [name]Josie[/name], [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name]. You have great taste! I also think [name]Sunday[/name] is a beautiful name, but I agree with you that it may not fit with your other childrens names. However, it does have a certain “spunk”, so if you love it, go for it. But if you do decide to go with another name, here are some you might like:

[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Peyton[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Mischa[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Macy[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Sydney[/name]
[name]Sascha[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Taryn[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Emmy[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]

Let me know if you like any of these! :slight_smile:

I know you wanted to avoid Z names, but my first thought upon seeing the title of your post was [name]Josie[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Zoe[/name] and [name]Zach[/name]! Is there a female version of [name]Zachary[/name]? Because that would be an awesome theme that people probably wouldn’t notice right away.

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Isa[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]
[name]Maia[/name]
[name]Margo[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]

That’s the first thing I thought, too!

Thanks for your help so far.

We thought of the [name]Zoe[/name] and [name]Zack[/name] thing, too, and were even calling this baby [name]Zack[/name] before we knew she was a girl! :slight_smile:

Here’s some background: [name]Josie[/name] ([name]Josephine[/name]) and [name]Jack[/name] are my husband’s kids from his previous marriage, so I can’t take any credit for their names. :slight_smile: They’re with us half the time and it’ll be like we two packs of kids - the big kids and the little kids - so I’m mostly concerned about this name fitting with [name]Zoe[/name].

[name]Harper[/name] is definitely in the running. But the lack of nn is what is holding me back on that one, I think.

I love [name]Quinn[/name] and [name]Liv[/name] but not sure my husband would go for it. I’ll ask, though! I suggested [name]Margot[/name] and he said no. He’s a picky one.

Also - thought I’d mention that our last name is [name]Hilton[/name]. I was thinking [name]Dylan[/name] earlier but then realized [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Hilton[/name] wouldn’t work. I like [name]Dylan[/name] as a girl’s name.

I agree that [name]Sunday[/name] isn’t as spunky as [name]Zoe[/name]. I love [name]Piper[/name]! It’s too bad you have one in your family already. Would [name]Pippa[/name] work? Or maybe [name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Penny[/name]? Other names that go nicely with [name]Zoe[/name], [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] (sorry for any repeats):

[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Eden[/name] ([name]Edie[/name] is super cute!)
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

What about [name]Audrey[/name]? The nickname could be something like [name]Addie[/name] and I think it goes great with [name]Zoe[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Edie[/name], I’m just not crazy about [name]Eden[/name] or [name]Edith[/name] and I kind of worry about such a nickname-y name. Hmmm…

Did I mention we’re considering [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Anne[/name]? [name]Even[/name] though it’s another J name, which I’m not crazy about, I think it fits better than [name]Sunday[/name].

Thoughts?

[name]Edie[/name] can also be a nn for [name]Elodie[/name] (prn [name]Elle[/name]-eh-dee). Is [name]Josie[/name] a nn for a her full name? I think [name]Edie[/name] complements her name really well. [name]Juniper[/name] is really cute, but I’m not sure I would go with another J name.

Have you considered spelling [name]Sunday[/name] as Sundae - Like the ice cream. I think the Sundae spelling makes it really spunky! And I like thinking about ice cream more than the day of the week! :wink:

Ha, that was my first thought too.

[name]Piper[/name] makes me think of [name]Poppy[/name], but I don’t know if it’s too nickname-ish.

I think [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Anne[/name], nn [name]Junie[/name], would fit in perfectly with [name]Josie[/name], [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name]!

[name]How[/name] about the name [name]Jubilee[/name] nn [name]Jules[/name], [name]Jewel[/name], or even [name]Billie[/name]?? I think it would fit with your sib set perfectly!

[name]Jubilee[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Jack[/name], & [name]Zoe[/name]

[name]Jules[/name], [name]Josie[/name], [name]Jack[/name], and [name]Zoe[/name]

or…

[name]Jewel[/name], [name]Josie[/name], [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name]

or…

[name]Billie[/name], [name]Josie[/name], [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name]

[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is fantastic - just as spunky as [name]Zoe[/name]!

As for [name]Edie[/name], how about the intials [name]ED[/name]? [name]Elizabeth[/name] to honour your grandmother and then a D name in the middle, perhaps? [name]Elizabeth[/name] on it’s own isn’t as spunky as [name]Zoe[/name], I’ll admit, but with such a wealth of nickname options, including [name]Edie[/name], it does have plenty of potential.

Some more spunky choices:
[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Dixie[/name] (super spunky, but you’d be brave to use it as the full name. It could be a nickname for any D name, though - I think [name]Dahlia[/name] is particularly spunky)
[name]Ginger[/name] (does start with a J sound, though)
[name]Ginny[/name] (a nickname for [name]Virginia[/name], [name]Geneva[/name], [name]Genevra[/name] …)
[name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Maia[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Pepper[/name] (too close to [name]Piper[/name]?)
[name]Pippa[/name] (ditto)
[name]Romy[/name] (could be a nickname for [name]Romola[/name], [name]Romona[/name], [name]Romilda[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name], if you so felt the desire, but it acutally stands alone pretty well, in my opinion)
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name] (nn Sassy!)
[name]Sosie[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Zanna[/name] (another Z name - but I actually think it’s quite nice, balance-wise)
[name]Zola[/name]
[name]Zora[/name].

Good luck!
[name]Auburn[/name]

Thought I’d update -

[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] was born on [name]March[/name] 28, 2011!

The name fits her perfectly! Thanks for all the help.

Congratulations on little [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]! A perfect name to go with her siblings. :smiley:

[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a stunning choice! Spunky but vintage, she’s a fantastic little sister to [name]Zoe[/name], [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Jack[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name] - the ultimate elegant classic - balances the name perfectly.

Congratulations!
[name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Evie[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Jo[/name]
[name]Effie[/name]
[name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Suzie[/name]
[name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Joelle[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Frankie[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Mattie[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Wednesday[/name]
[name]Minnie[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]

Congratulations on little [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]!