Josie

Is [name_u]Josie[/name_u] alright as a standalone name, or does it need a longer version? I don’t like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] that much.

I have [name_u]Josie[/name_u] at the top of my list, and I think it’d be fine as a name by itself! I like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] all right, but if I ever have a girl I think I’d most likely just name her [name_u]Josie[/name_u], since that’s the only thing I’d ever plan on calling her. I think it’s totally fine as a standalone name. :slight_smile:

I think [name_u]Josie[/name_u] works as a standalone name! [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Emmie[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] are all being used as full names so I don’t see why [name_u]Josie[/name_u] would be left out.

You could consider [name_f]Josette[/name_f] though, if you’re interested in a more formal name.

[name_u]Josie[/name_u] is on my list too! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it standalone. I think you could use [name_u]Josie[/name_u] as a nickname for anything starting with [name_u]Jo[/name_u]- ([name_f]Joanna[/name_f] would be my pick), but it doesn’t need a longer form.

It’s an okay standalone
Name suggestions: [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f], [name_f]Johanna[/name_f], [name_f]Joslin[/name_f]

To me [name_u]Josie[/name_u] is 100% a dog name and it sounds quite masculine to me, probably because of the [name_m]Joe[/name_m] sound. I wouldn’t use it as a full name but it’s fine as a nickname for josephine.

Perfectly fine as a standalone name.

I think it’s absolutely great as a stand alone!

I think [name_u]Josie[/name_u] works fine as a standalone. I agree that I prefer just [name_u]Josie[/name_u] to [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], although I would use [name_u]Josie[/name_u] for [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] myself.