Josslyn?

Wdyt of this name? I’m trying to think outside of the box here! Lol!

I think that [name]Jocelyn[/name] is very pretty, but the [name]Josslyn[/name] spelling seems trendy to me.

I know a lovely [name]Jocelyn[/name], and I think the [name]Joss[/name] nickname is very sweet.

Good luck!

I agree with [name]Jill[/name]- love the name [name]Jocelyn[/name], spelled like so.

You can use the nickname [name]Joss[/name] even if you spell the name [name]Jocelyn[/name]. [name]Even[/name] if it’s not true of the OP, I think a lot of alternate and creative spellings are to make the nickname more obvious, or when people think you can’t use a nickname if the letters aren’t there - like [name]Elsie[/name] for [name]Elizabeth[/name] with a Z - we’ve had this question before. Perhaps someone thinks others will try to pronounce it phonetically - [name]Joe[/name]-se-lyn or even Joke-lyn. Maybe that’s not it either, but this is often given for a reason people want to spell a name other than how it is spelled. There is really no reason to spell it creatively. [name]Jocelyn[/name] is already not that common but it is common enough to be recognized. It makes a better impression if you spell it correctly, that impression will last her whole life, and then if she has to correct a few people who have no idea how to say it, that would be preferable to spelling it wrong so everyone says it right - which sometimes backfires anyway.

I really think [name]Jocelyn[/name] is such a pretty name. [name]Josslyn[/name] makes me think of jostling because there’s no E - it’s just joss-lyn, not joss-e-lyn, which reminds me of gossamer. I don’t know why they’re filed together in my brain.

It’s one of my favorite names.

I don’t know what it is about [name]Jocelyn[/name]/[name]Josslyn[/name], but I just can’t get on board. I really don’t like it. I think I’m being crazy, though… It seems to be a very nice name and a lot of people really like it.

I’m not sure why…I just like that spelling!! Lol!!! It isn’t the nn thing…our DD is [name]Isabella[/name] and we call her [name]Izzy[/name] all the time. I was mostly wondering how people perceived the name…I can fiddle with the spelling later if I want to…I’m not getting hung up on that.

I love the name [name]Jocelyn[/name], spelled this way. I think it is cute for a young girl but grows up well and can fit any kind of grown up personality - professional, artistic, etc. I think it goes well with big sister - both [name]Isabella[/name] and nn [name]Izzy[/name]. I don’t like the [name]Josslyn[/name] spelling because it reminds me of jostling or jostlin’. I don’t think [name]Josslyn[/name] looks as pretty as sister [name]Isabella[/name] either.

Good luck!