Jotham

[name]Jotham[/name] caught my eye while I was reading [name]Ethan[/name] Frome for my English class. It’s growing on me. What are your thoughts on it?

I’m not sure how I feel about it… For some reason I immediately thought of the Bible story of Korah, [name]Dathan[/name], and Abiram, which aren’t the greatest Biblical namesakes. I feel like I should know who [name]Jotham[/name] was but I can’t place it! I think something like [name]Jonah[/name] or [name]Ethan[/name] is more usable but it might make a cool mn.

Ooh, I love [name]Jotham[/name]! I think it’s unusual without being too far “out there,” and the fact that one could use [name]Joe[/name] & [name]Joey[/name] as nicknames makes it that much more accessible.

I like it, but not sure I can pronounce it? It reminds me of [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Jonah[/name] mixed together. So I like it anyhow!!!

I pronounce it Joth-[name]Em[/name]. Joth rhymes with moth.

I remembered seeing this post (on which I never clicked–sorry, agirlinred!) after we studied the story of Abimelech, in Judges chapter 9, in Bible study yesterday evening. Abimelech was a son of [name]Gideon[/name], and in a bid for power he murdered his seventy brothers, all except the youngest, who escaped–[name]Jotham[/name]. From a mountaintop, [name]Jotham[/name] cried out against the cruelty of Abimelech and the men who had helped him, and he prophesied truly of Abimelech’s eventual destruction. Brave guy–and one of my sources says his name means “Jehovah is perfect.” Nameberry says “Jehovah is upright.” [name]How[/name] cool is that?
The name also reminds me of Gotham, as in Gotham City from the Batman stories. Also a cool vibe, if you don’t mind Batman. It’s a great name, and if you were considering using it, I’d say go for it!