Joy?

See the results of this poll: Joy?

Respondents: 23 (This poll is closed)

• Yes!: 15 (65%)
  • No!: 4 (17%)
  • Only for the middle: 4 (17%)

My boyfriend loves this name, I really don’t. I think as virtue names go, it’s not one of the prettier ones. Plus I worked with a [name]Joy[/name] who was NOT a “joy” to be around. She was really mean.

For me, Never. But I’d say MN spot only, cause I can’t see [name]Joy[/name] on anyone younger than 80. Sorry!

I like it but it sounds kind of abrubt to me - I sort of wish there was another syllable. But I have a neighbor with a little girl around 3 named [name]Joy[/name] and she’s the only young [name]Joy[/name] I know. I don’t think it’s too much pressure as virtue names go.

I love the name [name]Joy[/name]! Probably because its my name but hey I think its a simple name with a lot of power. And if you pair it with the right middle name it can sound really regal and so beautiful.
Name that baby [name]Joy[/name]! :slight_smile:
My full name is [name]Joy[/name] [name]Leticia[/name].
I never had problems with [name]Joy[/name] as my name. My twin nam is [name]Cherish[/name] and I think she caught more heat than me but mostly nice comments. [name]Joy[/name] is a very old name but I don’t feel ld with it even when I was a young child.
Plus its easy to spell at a young age.I wrote ita two on my mom’s couch and it sticks out from all the sophia’s and ava’s

I don’t think it would be too much for a child, I feel [name]Joy[/name] is a well established name and wouldn’t come with the same pressure as say a name like [name]Obedience[/name]…

Thank you for the enthusiatic comment! I love short names, like [name]Eva[/name] and [name]May[/name] and, of course, [name]Joy[/name]. I’m so glad someone agrees. I’m not pregnant, just thinking about names, and I think, depending on the surname, [name]Joy[/name] could really work. I’m happy to know someone who has the name and likes it. That’s encouraging. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Eva[/name] :slight_smile: