Joyce --> Jacinda?

I would really like to honor my aunt [name]Joyce[/name], who was a huge influence in my life and she passed away when I was 15 with the middle name spot. However, I dont love the name [name]Joyce[/name]. Her name was [name]Joyce[/name] [name]Anita[/name]. Any suggestions from [name]Joyce[/name] or [name]Anita[/name]? What do you think about:
[name]Joy[/name]
[name]Jacinda[/name]
[name]Jacinta[/name] (because of [name]Anita[/name])

thanks namberryites! :slight_smile:

Sorry don’t like [name]Jacinda[/name] or [name]Jacinta[/name] - they are too weird for me. [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Joy[/name] though!

Other ideas for [name]Joyce[/name] (similar spelling/meaning):
[name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
Agalia
[name]Gila[/name]
[name]Gilana[/name]
[name]Hanna[/name]
[name]Leticia[/name]

Other ideas for [name]Anita[/name]:
[name]Annette[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]
[name]Anabelle[/name]
[name]Anabella[/name]
[name]Annaliese[/name]
[name]Anika[/name]
[name]Charissa[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Gracia[/name]

I love [name]Joy[/name] [name]Anabella[/name]. What do you think?
Good luck, [name]Fran[/name]

Thank you [name]Fran[/name]!
These are all great suggestions… definitely a lot of food for thought! I love [name]Annette[/name] (family name) and [name]Jocelyn[/name]… this is great- thank you!

You are welcome. Actually those 2 make a nice combo… [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Annette[/name]… [name]Just[/name] a thought! [name]Glad[/name] I could help. [name]Fran[/name] x

I like [name]Jocelyn[/name]!

I love the suggestion of [name]Jocelyn[/name].

I think that [name]Jacinta[/name] could definitely honor a [name]Joyce[/name] [name]Anita[/name] - I would use the T spelling, since it’s closer to [name]Anita[/name]. Some variations of [name]Joyce[/name]/[name]Joy[/name]:

JOCOSA
Usage: Medieval English
Medieval variant of [name]JOYCE[/name], influenced by the Latin word iocosus or jocosus “merry, playful”.

[name]GIOIA[/name]
Usage: Italian
Means “joy” in Italian.

http://www.behindthename.com/name/[name]Gioia[/name]

There’s also [name]Josephine[/name] - it isn’t related, but it has a similar sound.

For [name]Anita[/name], you could use pretty much any [name]Anne[/name] variant:

There’s also [name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Annabella[/name] (it wasn’t on that list)…

Here are a few other names that start with An-, but aren’t related:
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Anthea[/name]
[name]Antonella[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]

You could also use any name containing “ann” or “an” ([name]Susanna[/name]/[name]Susannah[/name], for example), though it’s more of a stretch.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

You can put it with as a middle name like savannah joyce or take the CE out and do ariella joy or names that sound like joyce are jocilyn

@Caitalinna, I’m in the same boat as you. My childminder when I was younger was a lovely lady named [name]Joyce[/name], she’s stayed a family friend an i try my best to see her as often as i can, she’s had a huge influence on my life, also and i hope to honour my first daughter by naming her after her.

Her full name is [name]Joyce[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] and everyone calls her [name]Joy[/name].
i always imagined just putting [name]Joy[/name] on the Birth Certificate however once i read on nameberry “once a boy-baby name, now a no-baby name” it’s made me more determined than ever to put [name]Joyce[/name] on the birth certificate!

I have every intentions on her being known by [name]Joy[/name] to everyone but the beautiful thing is that every time i’ll look at offical docuents or write her full name it’ll remind me of my [name]Joy[/name]. you could feel the same about it too.

Best of luck with the naming.