Jude for a girl?

I love the name [name]Jude[/name], and I would like to know what you guys think about it for a girl.

I was thinking somethings along the lines of
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Mackenzie[/name], or even [name]Mackenzie[/name] [name]Jude[/name].

… thoughts?

Yes, but only as nn I would say.

My ex-boyfriend’s mother was named [name]Judith[/name], nn [name]Jude[/name]. We all called her [name]Jude[/name] though, and it was cute.

[name]Judith[/name] is a must if you naming a girl and want the nn of [name]Jude[/name], otherwise it is an aberration.

Like [name]Jude[/name] for a girl not crazy about [name]McKenzie[/name] tho. If your looking for a full name to use [name]Jude[/name] as a nn for how about
[name]Juliet[/name] -love this one
[name]Judith[/name]
[name]Julianne[/name]
[name]Julie[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Justine[/name]

[name]Jude[/name] is absolutely AWFUL on a girl! It’s very, very masculine. Stick with [name]June[/name], [name]Judy[/name] or [name]Jodie[/name]. [name]McKenzie[/name] is very pretty and girly.

I say do it! I always found [name]Jude[/name] to be too feminine as a male name. [name]Jude[/name] as a girl would be adorable.

i like it!

but after my friend having a bf called jude, and after the beatles song ‘Hey, [name]Jude[/name]’ for me its slightly better on a boy.

but i liek ti very much on a girl too! in one of jacqueline wilson’s books ‘the diamond girls’ one of the sisteers is named ‘jude idamond’ i thought it was very nice. it suited the character well because she was a tomboy.

[name]Jude[/name] on a girl sounds better if the girl isnt girly-girly and is tomboy or nonTb-nonGG

i like it!

but after my friend having a bf called jude, and after the beatles song ‘Hey, [name]Jude[/name]’ for me its slightly better on a boy.

but i liek ti very much on a girl too! in one of jacqueline wilson’s books ‘the diamond girls’ one of the sisteers is named ‘jude idamond’ i thought it was very nice. it suited the character well because she was a tomboy.

[name]Jude[/name] on a girl sounds better if the girl isnt girly-girly and is tomboy or nonTb-nonGG

[name]Jude[/name] could be cute for a girl. My aunt’s name is [name]Judith[/name] and she goes by [name]Judy[/name] or [name]Jude[/name]. If using [name]Jude[/name] as the full name rather than as a nn, I’d pair it with a very feminine name.

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Mackenzie[/name] sounds very much like a boy’s name. I personally don’t like [name]Jude[/name] for a girl, but if you use it you should pair it with a feminine middle, nothing unisex.

oh no no…so wrong! [name]Jude[/name] is a boy’s name meant for a boy, not girl!!!

I really like [name]Mackenzie[/name] [name]Jude[/name].

As a nn for [name]Judith[/name], it’s quirky and sweet, but as a whole name, this is another one of those cases where I feel like girls’ mothers are muscling in on all of the available names for boys which aren’t harsh - I fear that in twenty years, all boys’ names will be gone except [name]Brick[/name] et cetera.

Also, as [name]Jude[/name] is still in use as a boys’ name, I think your daughter would get annoyed that she was always assumed to be a boy before people met her - another poster has a daughter named [name]Bradley[/name], and I recall her saying that her daughter will turn up to things and find that her name tag is in blue.

I love boy names for girls. I think [name]Jude[/name] is adorable for a girl.

Sorry, not a fan…
[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jude[/name] for a boy, though.

[name]Judith[/name] is prettier for a girl…nn [name]Judy[/name].
I am not a fan of masculine names for girls…

I’m not a fan of [name]Jude[/name] for a girl.
I think it could work well as a middle name, though.

Other names that might possibly appeal to you (sorry if I’m totally off base-- it’s hard to tell your style since you like both [name]Jude[/name] and [name]McKenzie[/name]):

[name]Jade[/name] – much better option than [name]Jude[/name], but very similar feel!
[name]June[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Junia[/name]
[name]Jewel[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Lux[/name]
[name]Oona[/name]
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Bryn[/name]/[name]Brynna[/name]
[name]Liv[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Jordan[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Lou[/name]
[name]Rae[/name]

twinkle:
“I fear that in twenty years, all boys’ names will be gone except [name]Brick[/name] et cetera.”
This cracked me up! And I also agree!

Almost forgot!
[name]Jovie[/name]! I think that’s a darling name!

I agree Twinkle! I can’t understand this trend for using boy’s names on girls when there are so many beautiful girl’s names. I think it a symptom of a lot of parent’s wish to choose an unusual name (bordering sometimes on the uneeque)!
(I don’t think there is anything wrong with trying to choose an unusual name but would still choose a popular classic over something made up personally!!
Having said that, I actually don’t find [name]Jude[/name] to be as masculine as some names as it is sometimes use as a nn for [name]Judith[/name].