Jude for a girl?

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about [name_u]Jude[/name_u] as a full name for a girl? Does anyone know any?

I actually really like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] for a girl. Personally, I’d have it as a middle, but I think it works really well.

I don’t know any [name_u]Jude[/name_u]'s at all, now that I think about it…

I know of one. I understand she gets a lot of surprised reactions. I think it would be fine in the middle. As a first name, I like it better as a nn for [name_f]Judith[/name_f].

I always thought [name_u]Jude[/name_u] sounds more feminine, I think because I’m more used to hearing [name_f]Judy[/name_f]. I think it can work fine, but I did get a bit of flak for it when I mentioned it a few years ago haha. [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] put me off tbh.

I like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] for a girl. I don’t know any. I like [name_f]Judith[/name_f], but [name_u]Jude[/name_u] seems fine as a nn or a full name.

I really like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] for a girl. I prefer it on its own rather than a nickname for [name_f]Judith[/name_f].

I like it for a girl. I don’t know any female Judes but there is a character in a [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] book called [name_u]Jude[/name_u] so it’s a name I’ve been familiar with for about twelve years.

As an occasional nickname for [name_f]Judith[/name_f], it wouldn’t bother me, but I much prefer it to stay with the boys. I know several male Judes…no girls.

1 Like

I know two female Judes, one is middle-aged and the other is about 19 or 20. I do tend to prefer it on a boy, but it definitely works for a girl as well.

I read a book a while back with a female character named [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. It was based in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f], if that matters. So I can totally see it on a little girl.

I love [name_u]Jude[/name_u] for a girl and boy. You know, it’s kind of funny but for the longest time I thought that [name_u]Jude[/name_u] from the Beatles’ song was a woman lol. Completely broke my heart when I found out it was about [name_u]Lennon[/name_u]'s son haha. I had never in my life met a [name_u]Jude[/name_u] so I just assumed it was a name with ties to [name_f]Judith[/name_f] or something.

I don’t think it works on it’s own as with being a biblical name, it has quite the history as a boys’ name and has never been popular for girls.
As a nickname for [name_f]Judith[/name_f] or [name_f]Judy[/name_f] it works nicely but on it’s own it’s a no from me.

Well, I believe [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is an awesome choice for a girl. I havent met anyone named [name_u]Jude[/name_u], but I have seen a girl named [name_u]Jude[/name_u] on FB and I know there is a wife of a famous soccer player named [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

There was a show called Instant [name_f]Star[/name_f] and the main character was a girl named [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. I like it.

Just wanted to add my thoughts!

I’ve been thinking about the name [name_u]Jude[/name_u] for a girl lately and I love it! It’s similar to names like [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_u]Blair[/name_u], [name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] and [name_u]Greer[/name_u] (which are all favorites of mine). I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is a beautiful choice for a girl. It’s also more modern than [name_f]Judith[/name_f] and [name_f]Judy[/name_f] :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like