Jude Harper / Harper Jude

It is down to these two - this week anyway. We do not know the sex and still plan to have several choices at hand in case the name just doesn’t fit (I’m still fighting for [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Levi[/name])…however…

We don’t want a name in the top 100, nothing too trendy, and I want it to have meaning. “[name]Jude[/name]” is for both our mothers (both [name]Judith[/name]) and “[name]Harper[/name]” is after a dear female friend who was died 1.5yrs ago (it is a variation on her last name).

I’m comfortable with the boys version, but is [name]Harper[/name] as a first name for a girl becoming too trendy? I love that it actually has meaning for us, but I fear names that are too trendy and won’t hold up over time or for an adult…

Opinions?

For a boy I like [name]Jude[/name] [name]Harper[/name] better because, yes, I think [name]Harper[/name] is becoming a trendier girls name. BUT, for a boy, I think it works fine as a middle name just as long as the first name is masculine enough and [name]Jude[/name] fits the bill.

I vote for [name]Jude[/name] [name]Harper[/name]. I love the name [name]Jude[/name]! and the combo flows nicely, it’s masculine and cute at the same time. Good luck!

I do think [name]Harper[/name] sounds trendy and a little bit feminine. But it’s great as a middle. I love the name [name]Jude[/name], and how great that it honors both of your mothers!

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Harper[/name] :slight_smile: also [name]Julian[/name] & [name]Julius[/name] sprung to mind

[name]Jude[/name] harper is really cute for a boy but harper as a first name is too feminine for a boy now. It’s a bit like [name]Taylor[/name] was a boys name and now girls.

I commented on [name]Jude[/name] [name]Harper[/name] before and now I want to comment on [name]Harper[/name] [name]Jude[/name]. I think the combination is wonderful, even though [name]Harper[/name] is rising on the list. It is a trendier name for a girl but not overused. I love it and think you should go for it if your heart desires!

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Harper[/name] works for me! I just love the name [name]Jude[/name]. I have relatives with the last name [name]Harper[/name], and for me it just sounds nicer in the middle than at the beginning.

Right, to clarify - [name]Jude[/name] [name]Harper[/name] is for a boy, and [name]Harper[/name] [name]Jude[/name] if a girl - 3 months to go! We are also thinking of other girl names - but kind of set on that for a boy. Thanks everyone!

I do think [name]Harper[/name] is becoming a bit trendy, however that shouldn’t dissuade you from picking it if it has meaning for you. If you wanted to choose another name for a girl, I think [name]Harper[/name] would be a darling middle name and still a lovely tribute to your friend. What other girl’s names do you like?

[name]How[/name] about [name]Jude[/name] [name]Harper[/name] for a girl too? I definitely think that can work as a sleek, modern version of [name]Judith[/name].

I did think of that - but thought it might be odd to have it SO close to my [name]MIL[/name]'s name (first and last…you know?).

My other choices are [name]Stella[/name] (my #1) and [name]Lane[/name] (hubby’s pick) for a girl.

Yes, I understand. [name]Stella[/name] [name]Jude[/name] or [name]Lane[/name] [name]Harper[/name] work well (and also work in reverse – [name]Jude[/name] [name]Stella[/name] or [name]Harper[/name] [name]Lane[/name])

Yes, I am hearing [name]Harper[/name] [name]WAY[/name] too much lately - so I think I will keep it to the middle name as a tribute…

I really like [name]Jude[/name] [name]Harper[/name] (boy) and [name]Lane[/name] [name]Harper[/name] (girl) …still prefer [name]Stella[/name] for a girl but hubby is still not keen - might regret its rising popularity as well…shame. [name]Lane[/name] is really growing on me…

I really like [name]Lane[/name] [name]Harper[/name]! Have you asked your husband if he likes [name]Estella[/name]? It’s close, without being quite as trendy.

[name]Harper[/name] [name]Jude[/name] is good for both a boy or a girl.

I love [name]Jude[/name] [name]Harper[/name] for a boy, sounds great together…my mom is a [name]Judy[/name]

for a girl I too love [name]Stella[/name] and I think [name]Lane[/name] [name]Harper[/name] sounds good together…