Jude or Asher?

I’m having a slight crisis. My DH and I have chosen a name for our boy (with some of your help :smiley: ) but I’m trying to convince myself again its the right choice. Here’s the dilemma:

Chosen name is [name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]. The reasons I love it are that I simply love the name [name]Jude[/name]. I love that although [name]Jude[/name] has no nn, [name]Alexander[/name] has tons. I love that his initials are [name]JAC[/name], and that’s another nn that we could use if we wanted. I also think that this goes really well with [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] (my 1 year old).

The name I’m rethinking is [name]Asher[/name] [name]Monroe[/name]. Although I love the name [name]Jude[/name], I am more in love with [name]Asher[/name]. The problems that made us not choose this name include we prefered the combo of [name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] more, our parents seem to be very excited about [name]Jude[/name] over [name]Asher[/name], and my DH won’t consider another middle name with [name]Asher[/name] (which I thought would solve the problem).

[name]Even[/name] when I did a poll, [name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] won out, so it just seems like the natural choice. I just think I’m having those pangs of naming remorse that I will probably never get to use [name]Asher[/name] as this may very well be our last kiddo. So, I think what I need more than anything is a little push in one direction, either that [name]Jude[/name] seems to be the right choice and I’m just being crazy or that I should reconsider and fight a bit harder for [name]Asher[/name]. Help Nameberries!

[name]Both[/name] names are awesome, so I can see why it is difficult.
Could you use [name]Jude[/name] [name]Asher[/name]?

Wow you have great taste and yes it is very hard to choose.

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Monroe[/name]

They would be great twins.

I love [name]Ash[/name] as a nn and so I think I will go with [name]Asher[/name] but it is line ball.

Haha! They would make great twins! But of course that’s the dilemma since I can only use one. I can try [name]Jude[/name] [name]Asher[/name] on the hubby, but I think it might flow together to the point that it sounds like one word. The other problem is that he is super picky about the combinations, so he’s really sold on both [name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] and doesn’t really see any other middle names for either name. We’ll see if I can test that!

I love both names, but I agree. Why not [name]Jude[/name] [name]Asher[/name]? That way you can have both and then decide which to call him when you see him. :slight_smile: