Judge My Top 10 Names

Hello berries! Haven’t done these in a while. [name_m]Judge[/name_m] my top 10, by either rating them from 1-10, categorize them from dislike/lose, like, love, opinions and/or suggestions on names you like, what you’d change, and all that stuff.

1. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] Briar-Rose
  4. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
  6. [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
  10. [name_u]Sable[/name_u] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]

In order of favorite to least favorite

1. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
  3. [name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] Briar-Rose
  8. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
1 Like

Boop!

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts…

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is beautiful, elegant and classy such a wonderful name. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] in the middle name slot is perfection. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is lovely. 10/10

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ~ I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (pronounced KLAARA) I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is such a stunning name with a lovely Christmassy sound. I love this name especially with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] as well. 10/10

[name_f]Elle[/name_f] Briar-Rose ~ I really like [name_f]Elle[/name_f] such a simplistic little gem of a name and I think Briar-Rose works really well with [name_f]Elle[/name_f] even though Briar-Rose isn’t a favourite combination of mine it’s a little too Disney 7/10

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is sweet she’s a fun nickname name with a vintage flair she sounds pretty with [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] 7/10

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] ~ I really like both [name_f]Olive[/name_f] & [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] but I think together the names are too wordy 5/10

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] ~ delightful. [name_f]Laura[/name_f] is a lovely name (my mums name) she’s a great vintage name that feels timeless and wholesome. I adore [name_f]Laura[/name_f] with [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] such a wonderful combination 10/10

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is lovely mythological name completely understand why she’s so popular in the UK she sounds really elegant with [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] overall a lovely name 9/10

[name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] ~ this is a really refreshing combination such a lovely name very fun 9/10

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is beautiful such a lovely gemstone very timeless and a great way of potentially honouring a [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] with [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] 10/10

[name_u]Sable[/name_u] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is beautiful such a lovely name not that keen on [name_u]Sable[/name_u] 5/10

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped

1 Like

My first thought is that Sable Juliette does feel a little different stylistically (which is of course no big deal, just something I noticed). I wondered for a moment whether Mabel autocorrected to Sable, as Mabel would fit your style here more in its entirety.

I wasn’t sure initially about the hyphenation of Briar-Rose and using it in the middle, but alongside Elle the combo is so pleasantly unexpected.

Olive Juniper is both sweet and peppy. It does feel a little wordy and botanical, and also very ‘on-trend’ so may feel a little decade-specific in years to come, but honestly, so what? It’s great.

Clara Penelope is both classy and stylish, but also cheeky and peppy which I think is a great balance.

Laura Clementine & Pearl Anneliese are sweet and vintage, and as Laura and Anneliese aren’t as widely used anymore, feel beautifully unexpected.

Freya Genevieve is nice, though I really keep wanting to make it Freya Guinevere for some reason.

1 Like
  1. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] - sleek, balanced and stylish!
  2. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - so gorgeous, classy and pretty
  3. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] Briar-Rose - I don’t mind it and I do like how it looks but I feel it sounds a tiny bit incomplete. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] Briar-Rose, [name_f]Elswyth[/name_f] Briar-Rose, [name_f]Eve[/name_f] Briar-Rose, [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - sweet and cheerful!
  5. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - clunky cute and fun
  6. [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - [name_f]Laura[/name_f] is fairly unexpected these days and I like the flow of this.
  7. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - strong and sweet, sleek and fresh
  8. [name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] - vintage with a kind of elegance
  9. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] - pretty, sleek and sweet
  10. [name_u]Sable[/name_u] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] -warm, cosy and gentle
1 Like
  1. [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] [name_f]Maude[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
  6. [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u]
  8. [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_u]Sable[/name_u]
  10. [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
1 Like

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] are my favorites.

You can’t go wrong with [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], and [name_f]Freya[/name_f].

The only firsts I dislike are [name_f]Elle[/name_f] which is to me just a sound, [name_f]Olive[/name_f] which I prefer to eat, and [name_u]Sable[/name_u], because it is a fur.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u]:

1. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
  2. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]

Like:
4. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
5. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
6. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
7. [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

Lose:
8. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] (like both names but the “si/ce/ci” sound repeats too much)
9. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] Briar-Rose

1 Like

ABSOLUTELY ADORE:

1. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] Cecilia****** ← I can’t express how much I love this!
  2. [name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

Solid Choices:
4. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
5. [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
6. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
7. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]

Not [name_f]My[/name_f] Style I Prefer Your Other Options:
8. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] (bugs me that there are two plant names back to back)
9. [name_u]Sable[/name_u] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] (flows well, but I dislike Sable)
10. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] Briar-Rose (I find that middle name rather cheesy)

1 Like

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] - 9/10 (love both names but ideally I think a different ’ [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ’ name could go better with [name_f]Jane[/name_f] like [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f], or Rosemond)
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - 5/10 (love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], don’t care for Clara)
[name_f]Elle[/name_f] Briar-Rose - 10/10 (perfect. perfect. and perfect.)
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - 4/10 (neither name is my style but [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] I don’t mind due to the amount of family and friends I’ve had with this name)
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - 6/10 (Olive is to die for :green_heart: but [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] has never done it for me)
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - 4/10 (not a fan of [name_f]Laura[/name_f] though I do like Clementine)
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - 7/10 (I’m neutral towards both names)
[name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] - 8/10 (this would have been a 10 except I have always thought the [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] spelling to be a bit much, I prefer [name_f]Annabell[/name_f] or Annabel)
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] - 7.5/10 (Pearl :two_hearts: but [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] has bad connotations for me since I knew a particularly mean girl in high school with that name)
[name_u]Sable[/name_u] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] - 6/10 (though I think [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is pretty i also believe it is over done and am in favor of [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] while [name_u]Sable[/name_u] is not my style)

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]: I love the name [name_f]Olive[/name_f], it’s so simple yet has so much spunk and personality. I’m not a huge fan of the name [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] but the combo certainly flows well.

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]: this is so pretty. I love both of these names by themselves but they work so well together. They are vintage classics that will never go out of favour in my opinion.

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]: I prefer the soft ‘s’ sound of [name_f]Macy[/name_f] but I do like [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. It’s vintage and sweet without being too common. [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] works well as a middle name and adds a bit of strength to the nicknamey [name_f]Maisie[/name_f].

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]: so pretty. I agree that [name_f]Freya[/name_f] feels a bit feminine and weak so pairing it with a stronger name is amazing. I’ve always loved [name_f]Freya[/name_f], it’s so pretty and delicate sounding.

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]: [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a little plain but I still think I’d love to meet a little girl called [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. I don’t like [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] at all because of the ‘lind’ sound on the end it reminds me of [name_f]Linda[/name_f] and therefore feels dated. Perhaps [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f] Eliza???

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]: [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is very pretty. It isn’t a name if use on my own child but I would love to meet one. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] gives me ballet imagery due to [name_f]Clara[/name_f] from the nutcracker.

[name_f]Elle[/name_f] Biar-Rose: I’m not a huge fan of double barrel names or multiple middles but that’s just my style. I also do prefer [name_f]Elle[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] etc… but again, that’s up to you. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] is so cute and versatile.

[name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]: I don’t like the sound of [name_f]Maude[/name_f] at all but i put it in the like colum purely because of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u]. I’m sorry but to me [name_f]Maude[/name_f] is just an ugly sounding name, sort of like [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] of [name_f]Edna[/name_f].

Lose
[name_u]Sable[/name_u] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]: I don’t like [name_u]Sable[/name_u] as it feels a it ‘made up’. I do like Julliette but to me it feels a bit pretentious. It is so strongly associated with [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] and it just feels like you are giving her a name she can’t fill. I do prefer it in the middle spot though so this might not be a problem. I also think the spelling [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is simpler and prettier looking.

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]: I just don’t like pearl sorty. I think [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] is so pretty though. Maybe [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]?

Sorry if I’ve been to harsh on these, you have a lovely list.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!

From favourite to least:

1. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] Briar-Rose (I love the name [name_f]Elle[/name_f] but I’m not crazy about the hyphenated middle name. It still gets second though because I love [name_f]Elle[/name_f] so much)
  3. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
  6. [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u]: [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
Like: [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
Neutral: [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], [name_u]Sable[/name_u] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
Lose: [name_f]Elle[/name_f] Briar-Rose, [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

1 Like