Julia? Sophia?or Claire?

just can’t decide! any idea? thx in advance:)

All beautiful names in the same style. Which goes best with your surname? Is popularity an issue for you? In 2008 [name]Sophia[/name] ranked #7, [name]Julia[/name] 40, [name]Claire[/name] 62. [name]Do[/name] you have a special middle name you’d like to use that might go better with one of the names? It would be hard to choose between these three lovely names.

From just those three, I choose [name]Claire[/name]. [name]Julia[/name] feels a bit dated and [name]Sophia[/name] is SOOO popular. [name]Claire[/name] is classic.

If I get to make a suggestion, though, I choose [name]Julianna[/name]. :slight_smile:

I choose [name]Julia[/name], and I disagree that it’s dated. It is a timeless classic and I can’t see it ever going out of style. The other names are beautiful as well, though, and you absolutely can’t go wrong. I chose [name]Julia[/name] because I find it to have a particular type of elegance that I am drawn to and also because I find [name]Sophia[/name] to be too popular and [name]Claire[/name] to be a bit too brief (though I think it would work brilliantly with a particularly long or complicated last name).
I also love [name]Juliana[/name] and [name]Clara[/name].

As someone who is naming their child due in [name]April[/name]:
[name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] this one is hard for me =0)

I love [name]Sophia[/name]- but it is very popular
[name]Claire[/name] is beautiful and I obviously love it, but I agree that it for me seems a bit “short” on it’s own.
[name]Julia[/name] is very pretty and I don’t feel, that it feels dated, though I much prefer [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Juliette[/name].
Out of all three if popularity is not an issue for you, I would choose [name]Sophia[/name].

[name]Julia[/name]. I like all three, but that is my pick. [name]Claire[/name] would be a nice mn with [name]Julia[/name]. And I love [name]Sophia[/name], but as many have pointed out its very popular especially since [name]Sophie[/name] is also gaining in popularity.

Honestly, I like them all. I’ve read through everyone’s comments, and some I agree with whereas others I disagree. [name]Julia[/name] is a timeless, elegant classic in my opinion - not dated at all. [name]Sophia[/name], too, is elegant and regal, but its popularity often makes people forget that. [name]Claire[/name] is a beautiful, simple, French classic with character and charm.

[name]JULIA[/name] - When I envision [name]Julia[/name], I see a bright, confident girl with a good head on her shoulders and big goals in life. She is well liked by her peers and has earned the respect of her parents. She is intelligent and active, yet she also has a carefree, spunky side.

Personally, I envision [name]Julia[/name] as a tall, slender girl with medium brown hair, big hazel eyes, and a huge smile. The name can fit most anyone, though! [name]Jules[/name] is a cute nickname, too!

[name]SOPHIA[/name] - When I picture [name]Sophia[/name], she is mysterious and intriguing, popular and fun. Everyone loves [name]Sophia[/name], and she uses that energy to move herself forward in life. She is well-connected, but she also uses her intelligence to achieve her goals. She is a fun person who enjoys a good party, and her friends regard her as a social butterfly.

When I envision [name]Sophia[/name], I personally see a girl who is of medium (or short) stature, with dark hair and tan skin. Conversely, I see a girl with pale, porcelain skin and bright blue eyes. [name]Sophie[/name] is a darling nickname.

[name]CLAIRE[/name] - When I picture [name]Claire[/name], I see a no-nonsense girl who is bright, motivated, and successful. She, being also playful, enjoys spending time with friends, yet she can be quite shy around strangers. She is honest, loyal, and helpful, and she is respected by her peers and parents. She is independent, but she needs encouragement to gain true self-confidence.

When I envision [name]Claire[/name], she is a girl with medium brown hair and brown eyes. [name]Claire[/name] needs no nicknames in my opinion, but I have heard several [name]Claire[/name]'s called “[name]Claire[/name]-[name]Bear[/name]” in passing…

Clearly, these profiles may be built upon stereotype and personal experience, but I personally feel they are accurate. I like to profile my names to see if they match what I envision for a future child, because, as they say, a name becomes a child…

However, before you really think too hard about all of these comments, if your last name begins in a vowel (e.g., O’[name]Brien[/name], [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Emerson[/name], etc.) you should likely eliminate [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name]. The end-vowel in both names will clash with the beginning vowel of your last name (i.e., compare [name]Julia[/name] O’[name]Brien[/name] to [name]Claire[/name] O’[name]Brien[/name], and notice the large pause that is necessitated by the double vowels in the former).

Congratulations, and best wishes in choosing your ideal name!

They are all classic names. My personal favourite is [name]Julia[/name]. I agree that it is elegant and timeless (although I love [name]Juliet[/name] even more). [name]Claire[/name] is and attractive classic too. [name]Sophia[/name] is very pretty and feminine but is a bit overused where I live.

[name]Lemon[/name]-I just loved reading your ‘stereotypes’. Perhaps you could do some more for the names I love?!

100% absolutely [name]Sophia[/name]!

[name]Sophia[/name] is my favorite of the three. good luck!

These are each wonderful names. The last name definitely needs to be considered in making the decision. Assuming the last name is more than one syllable and does not rhyme with [name]Claire[/name] - then I would vote for [name]Claire[/name]. [name]Claire[/name] is a beautiful name that would be SO refreshing to hear as a first name. One-syllable names tend to exude an aire of confidence. With three consonants, it is one of the fancier one-syllable names. I think the consonant blend of CL, long A, followed by R is a very pleasing combination with a lot of charm. It would be a delight to come across someone whose first name was [name]Claire[/name]!

mummyto3,

I would be more than happy to help you with your names, if you so wish. [name]Just[/name] let me know, and I will eagerly do it!

lemon

[name]Sophia[/name] may be popular but my favourite of the three :wink:

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Julia[/name] is my favorite.

Definitley [name]Claire[/name]…very classy, yet feminine and spunky.

My favourite is [name]Julia[/name], for many of the same reasons already mentioned. [name]Sophia[/name] is a little too popular (I would choose it if it wasn’t so) and [name]Claire[/name] is too abrupt. I also love [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] (actually more the [name]Julia[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], and [name]Claire[/name]… weird, huh?) But you really can’t go wrong with any of these names, it just depends which sounds better with your last name :slight_smile:

I really love both [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]! I used to like [name]Sophia[/name]-- before it became one of the most popular names in the US. You can’t go wrong with either [name]Julia[/name] or [name]Claire[/name]; they’re both gorgeous. Come to think of it, [name]Julia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] would be really pretty… Anyway, I think I would choose [name]Julia[/name], but that’s just a matter of personal preference.

I think that all three names are beautiful, but I love [name]Julia[/name] the most. Although it’s popular, it someone manages to retain its timeless feel to me, and it’s one name I never tire of hearing.

I’ll put [name]Claire[/name] in second place, and [name]Sophia[/name] in third, only because unlike the case with [name]Julia[/name], [name]Sophia[/name]'s popularity has sadly taken away its appeal to me (for now). :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], and [name]Clara[/name] are good options too, as others have mentioned. [name]Just[/name] to make it harder for you!

You have some good choices and you could use your second fave as a middle.

But, I agree with others, the flow with your last name will help you determine the best fit.

I agree - [name]Julia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is a stunning combination!