julia vs. sophia

See the results of this poll: Julia or Sophia

Respondents: 42 (This poll is closed)

• Julia : 31 (74%)
  • Sophia: 11 (26%)

I voted for [name]Sophia[/name]. I love them both just about equally, but I prefer [name]Sophie[/name] to both [name]Julia[/name] and any nickname [name]Julia[/name] could have. Besides, [name]Sophia[/name] is just stunning. It’s popular, but still stunning. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply!

These are both beautiful names and I’d say go for what you love more, bearing in mind flow with your last name and any personal significance you haven’t shared. [name]Julia[/name] got my vote because I feel like it’s underused these days, but I do love the name [name]Sophia[/name]!

I voted for [name]Julia[/name] as it is much less common and in my opinion is prettier anyway. I grew up with a very common name and hated it! :frowning:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]:slight_smile:

I love them both, but I’ve always been a little partial to [name]Julia[/name].

My thoughts exactly!:slight_smile:

They’re both lovely names, but I prefer [name]Julia[/name]. And I love the nn [name]Jules[/name].

Thanks for the advice! Your opinions do help. I find myself leaning towards [name]Sophia[/name] and DH definitely leans towards [name]Julia[/name], although we love them both. They both flow well with our last name and theirs not a lot of significance to either name…we just both like them. Sometimes I feel like [name]Sophia[/name] is too popular (although popularity is not a huge deciding factor) and sometimes I feel like [name]Julia[/name] is dated. [name]Just[/name] depends on the day which one I like more :slight_smile:

[name]Julia[/name] - a pretty name that should be more popular, but somehow Soapy [name]Sophie[/name] is more popular. that makes no sense

[name]Julia[/name] is beautiful! I also love [name]Juliet[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Ive[/name] always been partial to [name]Julia[/name] and now that [name]Sophia[/name] is insanely popular I would advise against using [name]Sophia[/name].

i love [name]Julia[/name] and it always makes me thinkof [name]Juliet[/name]

[name]Even[/name] though [name]Sophia[/name] is so popular - I voted for her! There’s a reason names are popular right?!? [name]Sophia[/name] is a knockout name! [name]Happy[/name] naming!!!

I love both but prefer [name]Sophia[/name]. [name]Both[/name] names are soft and strong, graceful and feminine–I just like the sounds in [name]Sophia[/name] and her meaning somewhat more.

Good luck!