Julian-nickname Jem?

I know [name]Jem[/name] is quite commonly used as a nickname for [name]James[/name]. And I liked it, thought it was kinda cute. I like the name [name]Julian[/name]-what do you guys think, is [name]Jem[/name] not boyish enough?

Hello…anyone?

I don’t like [name]Jem[/name] as a nn for [name]Julian[/name]. I would use [name]Jules[/name]. I think that [name]Jem[/name] is perfectly masculine though, so if you like it use it :slight_smile:

i’ve heard of [name]Jem[/name] for [name]Jeremy[/name] and [name]Jerimiah[/name] and [name]James[/name] but i cant see it for [name]Julian[/name]…That said… I love it as a nn especially for a little boy! But i do think it might be a bit of a stretch for [name]Julian[/name]… maybe if his middle name begins with and M?? [name]Julien[/name] [name]Michael[/name] or even [name]Julien[/name] [name]Emile[/name]…
or double middle names to spell [name]Jem[/name]… ir. [name]Julian[/name] [name]Eli[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] (J.E.M)… either way it is a cute nn and not too girly in my opinion… i just dont think if it as a nn for [name]Julian[/name]…

What about the name [name]Jameson[/name], [name]Jeremy[/name] or [name]Jeremiah[/name]?

If you like [name]Julian[/name] why not [name]Ian[/name] or [name]Jules[/name]?

[name]Jem[/name] doesn’t really work for [name]Julian[/name], sorry. Jul ([name]Jewel[/name]) might work better.

[name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Julian[/name]. But [name]Jem[/name] doesn’t seem to work as a nickname for it, sorry.