Juliana or Juliet??

What do you think of these 2 names? I think [name]Juliana[/name] is a little bit overdone, no?

DH suggested [name]Juliana[/name] this morning. Would “[name]Lia[/name]” be an ok nn or would you stick to Jul or Juls? Is [name]Juliet[/name] a little less common?

[name]Juliet[/name] feels a little more romantic and a little more fun, to me anyway. She feels spunkier than [name]Juliana[/name].

[name]Lia[/name] is a perfectly natural nn. Growing up, I had a friend named [name]Liana[/name] (lee-anna). That was pretty and would also be a natural choice.

I agree!

I like both. [name]Juliet[/name] is more romantic, [name]Juliana[/name] is softer. Right now [name]Juliana[/name] is on our list. I wanted [name]Juliet[/name], but hubby didn’t like the correlation to [name]Romeo[/name] & [name]Juliet[/name].

I prefer [name]Juliana[/name] to [name]Juliet[/name]. They’re both pretty, but [name]Juliet[/name] just feels more frivolous somehow.

I prefer [name]Juliana[/name]

I like [name]Juliet[/name] better.

I like both! Could anything else help your decision - does 3 syllables work better than 4, does the a ending sound better than the t with your last name, etc? Although I like both, if it were my daughter, I think I would go with [name]Juliana[/name].

I vote [name]Juliet[/name]!

[name]Lia[/name] would be a nice nn but harder to implement I imagine. We’ve got a [name]Gabriella[/name] and I’ve really wanted to to use a non obvious nn like [name]Ria[/name] or [name]Riel[/name] but it feels too weird for people who already know her full name. Everyone tries to cally her [name]Gabi[/name].

I think [name]Juliana[/name] is lovely. In the uk Jooles is a popular nn for all things [name]Julie[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Juliana[/name], etc.

I just love [name]Juliet[/name] so this would be my pick but [name]Juliana[/name] is a lovely name it is just that my heart is with [name]Juliet[/name].

[name]Juliet[/name] is one of my all-time favorite names, but I think that [name]Juliana[/name] is beautiful, too.

With [name]Anthony[/name], [name]Rocco[/name], and [name]Isabella[/name], I think that the more international/exotic [name]Juliana[/name] is a better fit than [name]Juliet[/name].

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Our daughter is named [name]Juliette[/name] and we get tons of compliments on her name. I think [name]Julianna[/name] is a little too frilly, but I could see how it’s one of those “to each her own”.