Juliet or Beatrice

See the results of this poll: Juliet or Beatrice

Respondents: 21 (This poll is closed)

• Greta Juliet: 12 (57%)
  • Greta Beatrice: 9 (43%)

Oh! [name]Greta[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is beautiful! I just watched a movie called [name]Greta[/name], with [name]Hilary[/name] [name]Duff[/name], in it she says (not the exact quote) “My name is [name]Greta[/name], which is just a thinly veiled anagram for great!” I thought that was so awesome! I think [name]Greta[/name] is such a cool name.

[name]Greta[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] is okay. I don’t love it, because I think together both names sound really old fashioned and fuddy duddy. I slightly prefer [name]Greta[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], but i don’t love that either.

Now, [name]Greta[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]! What a stunner! [name]Juliet[/name] is so romantic and feminine and sparkly, it really highlights the coolness of [name]Greta[/name]. I think [name]Greta[/name] could come across as blah with a middle like [name]Beatrice[/name], but I don’t think you have that problem at all with [name]Juliet[/name]. It’s such an unexpected combo, and i think it brings out the best of both of them. I really, really love it!

I much prefer [name]Greta[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]. My daughter’s name will be [name]Juliet[/name], so maybe I’m biased, but I think that [name]Greta[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] sounds really harsh and not very feminine (though both names are strongly feminine, so I don’t know). [name]Greta[/name], [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] are all great names, but [name]Greta[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] just sounds really soft and flows so much nicer. My opinion is irrelevant though.

It’s so funny that a movie would have that quote because I’ve definitely thought of that since we picked [name]Greta[/name]'s name! I’ve went to type [name]Greta[/name] more than once and had it come out as Great. She’ll probably get a big head when she’s learning spelling in school. :slight_smile:

As far as liking a name just for how it looks and how it sounds, I agree [name]Beatrix[/name] is better than [name]Beatrice[/name], but we feel [name]Beatrice[/name] has more history and meaning to us. Also we decided to give both of the kids a [name]Shakespeare[/name] middle name, so we don’t have room for variation.

I’m glad everyone like [name]Juliet[/name]. I was unsure about it at first since G and J are usually pronounced the same. I suppose the Gr- gives it the need difference. I agree [name]Juliet[/name] gives off a feminine, glowing, and confident air. Definitely something I would like to give to my daughter. Thanks for the input!

That’s great you’re choosing [name]Juliet[/name] as a first name. I think it has a lot of potential, and people are starting to appreciate the air of the name itself and not just the character connotation (although I love both aspects.) I think I read your twin naming thread, weren’t you looking at [name]Rosemary[/name] “[name]Romy[/name]”? I think [name]Romy[/name] is very cute, but [name]Juliet[/name] is just a really fantastic name! Congrats, and thanks for the opinion!

I’m glad [name]Greta[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is winning. I love it. I like the flow of the sounds.

But then I’m not a fan of [name]Beatrice[/name]. I know that is unusual, at least on this board, but I’m just not a convert. I love the character in “Much [name]Ado[/name]” – one of my favorites in all of literature – but I don’t like the name. It’s not rational. I think this name will become fairly popular, but for no good reason it reminds me of my fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Beaton!

I think [name]Greta[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] flows better.

[name]Greta[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] gets my vote.

I love [name]Juliet[/name] to death, but I think that [name]Greta[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] is positively stunning. I just think it makes a drop-dead gorgeous combo. I really love [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name], I just find them, frankly, to fit together much better than [name]Greta[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]. I do like both, though!

I think I prefer [name]Greta[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] slightly. It just has such an air of class about it. Plus I think I read you played [name]Beatrice[/name], right? I think that’s a great connection. [name]Greta[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is lovely as well. [name]Both[/name] are winners.

[name]Greta[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]! [name]Juliet[/name] is a lovely name, but I think [name]Greta[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] sounds nicer (I find that the T in [name]Beatrice[/name] isn’t quite as prominent as that in [name]Juliet[/name]). The perfect name for [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Lysander[/name]'s twin.

[name]Auburn[/name]

ooh, I have pretty strong opinions usually, but this one had me TORN!

We’re considering [name]Beatrix[/name] pretty strongly for our daughter due in [name]January[/name], so perhaps slightly biased…

but really, I voted for [name]Greta[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] over [name]Juliet[/name] for a few reasons.

Shakespeareanally (an adverb I just created; feel free to use it, ie, ‘oh, how’d you come up w/ the middle names?’ ‘Shakespeareanally of course’), I prefer the character of noble [name]Beatrice[/name] to romantic (but let’s face it) kind of flaky [name]Juliet[/name].

If you write the initials (say your surname is [name]Smith[/name]) I like GB [name]Smith[/name] more than GJ [name]Smith[/name]. I realize young ladies aren’t all in a rush to emulate TS [name]Eliot[/name], GK Chesterton et al. w/ their literary monikers, but you touched on it (or someone did!) w/ the G/J kind of mushy quasi alliteration issue.

Finally, I thought the hard Ts in [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] weren’t as sonorous or feminine as [name]Greta[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]

That said, you really can’t go wrong w/ either! great choices, and I tend to be hard to impress! :slight_smile:

oh, addendum - I think B is just a cooler middle initial than J… i think of [name]Johnny[/name] B Good and [name]Sophie[/name] B Hawkins and [name]Wm[/name]. B [name]Yeats[/name] I mean, there’s good J ones, but there ya go! good luck!

The poll says 8 to 9… You ladies aren’t much help. :wink:

I asked my mom and she votes [name]Juliet[/name]! And… I’d vote for [name]Juliet[/name] 10 times if I could…

I’d vote for [name]Beatrice[/name] 10 times :slight_smile:

[name]Greta[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]