Juliet or Eloise - which do you prefer and why?

Which is the nicer name out if these two faves. If you can give a description of what you imagine each person to be like that’d be great.
Thanks so much!

At the moment I’m loving the name [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] so that’s my favourite!
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]:
I picture a girl with unruly reddish-brown curls. She has big eyes and although she’s short she makes up for her height in personality. She is kind and determined and makes friends with everyone. She has strange little obsessions and a wild imagination.

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]:
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] has either dark brown loose waves or blonde curls and big brown eyes. She is a shy introvert and sees the good in everything and everyone. She’s optimistic, determined and courageous but appears timid and fragile. She studies you from afar before approaching you and is wise beyond her years.
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this is helpful!

Both are nice, but I prefer [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], mostly because where I’m from (Australia), nicknames are almost inevitable, and I prefer [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] to [name_u]Jules[/name_u]/[name_u]Julie[/name_u].

I find it hard to provide descriptions, because I don’t think that people with the same name necessarily will share any personality characteristics, since a name is usually bestowed by parents at birth before individual personality is really apparent. For that reason, I prefer to focus on aspects like how the parents feel about a name, its origins/meaning and connotations in the wider culture, ease of spelling/pronunciation, flow with last name, etc.

I slightly prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], but both are lovely. To me [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a more of a soft, gentle name, whereas [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] has a little more spunk.

Both are lovely Names but [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is one of my absolute top Favourites! Recently someone else had a HUGE list of Names that she wanted Colours and Descriptions for and I never finished all the Names but I did do [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], so here is what I wrote for her:

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]: Soft Peachy [name_u]Orange[/name_u] and Creamy White with delicate [name_m]Gold[/name_m] - A beautiful, stately [name_f]Princess[/name_f] with light [name_u]Auburn[/name_u]/[name_f]Strawberry[/name_f] Blonde hair and a [name_f]Peaches[/name_f] and Cream complexion. Her hair is up in a Chignon and she is wearing a delicate [name_u]Golden[/name_u] [name_f]Tiara[/name_f] and a gorgeous, [name_f]Peach[/name_f] coloured, floaty, pleated, [name_f]Georgette[/name_f] dress, with [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] bracelets and necklaces of various lengths!

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]: [name_u]Royal[/name_u] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] and Maroon - Dainty [name_f]Brunette[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], from the Ballet version of “[name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]” which I saw as a Child, in a delicate Maroon Renaissance Gown. [name_u]Royal[/name_u] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] for the star studded night sky she spends so much time in. Also, my Daughter has a Dear [name_m]Friend[/name_m] called [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and these are the colours I see in my mind when I think of her!

I adore the lovable, sweet, spunky, bubbly, adventurous, caring, nature-loving [name_u]Eloise[/name_u].

My name is Eloise and it is a very soothing, assured sound among other senses, but I’m not a fan of Ellie or even Elle. I find they are too far from the full name and its charm. So I prefer Juliet for a first though having thought about it Jules is also very much a step away from hyper feminine and wilful, Juliet. Not easy but I should say they’re both elegant, all-ages names. Can’t go wrong, esp if you like a nn or can insist on full!

I prefer [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]! Both are lovely names. [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is spunky, sweet, creative, down to earth & maybe a little mischievous is a good way:-) [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is more sophisticated, reserved & kind. [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is so upbeat & fun to say and feels casual enough to be used without a nn (or with one if you choose). [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] feels more formal to me and I think would likely get shortened. [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is more versatile in my opinion. They are both elegant & lovely names!

I prefer [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] because it just blows almost every other name out of the water for me! It’s delicate, girly and gorgeous.

I tend to imagine a pretty, blonde girl with long eyelashes and loose waves/curls. But I think this amazing name is a perfect fit for any girl.

Great replies! Thanks to those for taking the time to provide descriptions :slight_smile: interestingly mummamarigold - I always imagine the name [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] written in peachy orange too!

Any other thoughts out there?

Any other thoughts??

I love both, but prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. I love [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] connection. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] or [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] would be my pick.

I adore both names. I slightly prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] because I feel it ages a little better than [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], but both are wonderful.

I prefer [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], though it took me ages to figure out how to pronounce properly. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is also lovely, but I hate the nickname [name_u]Julie[/name_u], and [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is one of my favourite plays, so [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is too tied with death for me.

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u], because I like vintage names.

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] sounds like a sweet girl that is also capable of being a total badass. I like [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], but it reminds of someone who is either quite young or quite old. I think [name_f]Elise[/name_f] would be a beautiful alternative.