June 🌕 baby

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all,

After three early miscarriages I was very hesitant to write on nameberry while I was pregnant for the fourth time. Luckily everything went well and in [name_u]June[/name_u] I gave birth to a lovely little, very dark & hairy baby girl!
A home birth, in a birthing pool, which went faster than I expected. She’s healthy and so sweet, and her big sister is proud and a big help for me.
Her names are in my signature. Her first name is also a place in Germany which is dear to me because of memory’s of holidays with my grandfather & I just loved the name. Her second name was another all time favourite for me. Her third name again honours my grandfather because his name was [name_u]Jan[/name_u] (pronounced [name_m]Yan[/name_m]).
I also considered other old Germanic names because they would fit well with her sister’s name, but in the end I decided I wanted a “softer” name.

1 Like

Congratulations! It’s always heartwarming to hear when people are finally blessed with a healthy, happy baby after miscarriage(s). Her name is so beautiful too!

Congratulations! She has a beautiful and whimsical name.

Congratulations! Her name is lovely :slight_smile: how do you pronounce her older sister’s name?

Thank you ladies for the compliments and congratulations :sparkling_heart: Yes, I purposely mentioned my miscarriages because I hope that this gives other people who are trying to conceive (again) hope. It was helpful for me when I was feeling down about ttc. With me it probably was down to age (I was 37/38 when trying) and perhaps my weight (bmi almost 30).

Her sisters name is pronounced hah-duh-weeg (g is a hard throat sound).
If you do not have this sound in your language it’s hard to pronounce ( I’m Dutch).

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name! I have a [name_f]Juno[/name_f] :slight_smile: Many congratulations on your little rainbow.

Congratulations! [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] has a beautiful name!

I love it when babies have names with so much meaning and careful thought put into them. What a lucky little girl. Congratulations!

Huge congratulations to you! It’s so wonderful to hear a happy ending :slight_smile: Your daughters’ names are beautiful!

Aw, congratulations! She has a lovely name :slight_smile: