June Liora?

Hello! Expecting #4 in a few weeks and struggling with a girl name! Our name strategy is first name something we really like and spellable, and middle name after our parents.

First name we are not completely decided but top runners are:
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u]

Middle name we are planning to name after my mother in law [name_f]Laura[/name_f] but we don’t like the name [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. Husband thinks [name_f]Liora[/name_f] looks odd and people won’t know how to say it… any alternate suggestions?

Our other children:
[name_u]Rowen[/name_u] [name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]

Our boy name for this baby is [name_m]Knox[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m].

5 Likes

What about [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] or [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] for a middle name?

2 Likes

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_u]Julie[/name_u] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]

I know many Lioras and I can easily pronounce it! (lee-OR-uh)

1 Like

June [name_f]Liora[/name_f] sounds great (lee-or-uh, right? If so, I think pronunciation is pretty intuitive. But I do agree the letters look uncommon together). [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] would be nice as well. Maybe [name_f]Alora[/name_f] would work for [name_f]Laura[/name_f].

I do really enjoy [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] with your kids’ names. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] share the O sound and I think it would be cute for [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] to share the I sound. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] maybe, to avoid being too nature-y?

3 Likes

Juno [name_f]Liora[/name_f] is so dainty and cute! I like [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Liora[/name_f] though I think it’ll go better with your set! [name_u]Cadence[/name_u] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] is also a favorite but I’m not sure if [name_u]Cadence[/name_u] would fit with the other ones given as its not as “magical”

1 Like

June [name_f]Liora[/name_f] is beautiful! That one is my favorite out of your options.

I do not think [name_f]Liora[/name_f] is that difficult to figure out how to say, but if your husband is worried, does he think [name_f]Leora[/name_f] would be any easier? Additionally, since it is just her middle name, even if most people didn’t know how to pronounced it it probably wouldn’t wind up being a problem.

For a different middle name option, have you considered the middle name [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]? Both [name_f]Laura[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] share the “laurel” meaning, so that could be a way to connect the name to your mother-in-law’s name.

2 Likes

June [name_f]Liora[/name_f] is stunning! I am not generally a [name_u]June[/name_u] fan but I love it! You could maybe try [name_f]Leora[/name_f] as an alternate spelling, or [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] or [name_f]Elora[/name_f]? Or maybe [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]? All of which are still really nice with [name_u]June[/name_u]. Or maybe [name_f]Lola[/name_f], which I’ve heard as a nn for [name_f]Laura[/name_f]?

I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] would also be gorgeous!

Good luck!

1 Like

You have a lovely list! [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] are my favorites with your children :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Liora[/name_f] is such a luxurious sounding name, I love it! Alternatives could be [name_f]Lorna[/name_f], [name_f]Laurentia[/name_f] or [name_f]Laurentina[/name_f]?

1 Like

Cadence [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] :heart:

June [name_f]Liora[/name_f] is gorgeous!

June [name_f]Elora[/name_f] or [name_u]Cadence[/name_u] [name_f]Elora[/name_f] might be alternatives

1 Like

I really like [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Liora[/name_f]. I also think [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] would be a lovely way to honor [name_f]Laura[/name_f] – [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f].

1 Like

Lauretta! I love [name_f]Lauretta[/name_f]

Ivy [name_f]Lauretta[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Lauretta[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Lauretta[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Lauretta[/name_f]
[name_u]Julie[/name_u] [name_f]Lauretta[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Lauretta[/name_f]
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u] [name_f]Lauretta[/name_f]

I think [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Liora[/name_f] is beautiful. Would your husband be more amenable to it spelled [name_f]Leora[/name_f]? I know two of those! I also like the suggestion of [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f].

1 Like

Hi there.

Your kids’ names are beautiful! [name_m]Knox[/name_m] would be a perfect addition.

Here are my thoughts on your girl list-

June-This is so lovely. Simple, smart, kind of old fashioned but totally ready for a comeback. It works really well w/Rowen, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. The nn [name_f]Junie[/name_f] is adorable. [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Liora[/name_f] is perfect in my opinion. [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Elora[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] or [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] are all great as well.

Autumn-This is nice. I can’t personally get into this name, but it’s a good solid feminine strong sounding name w/pretty imagery. Kind of more popular than you may think, according to the SSA list.

Ruby-This is a cute name. It’s kind of spunky. I find it a little hard to picture on an adult. [name_u]Rowen[/name_u], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] are all kind of quieter names in my opinion, & this seems loud. Not a deal breaker; just trying to help narrow down.

Charlotte-This is fine, but just so very over done that it’s not interesting.

Julie-That’s kind of unexpected. It’s not one that I would have thought of, but I kind of like it for you. It’s cheerful sounding.

Ivy-This is okay. I kind of like it, but sometimes it just reminds me of I.V. Also, you probably don’t want to have three botanical children & leave [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] out.

Cadence-Meh, I’m not a fan of this one . Something about it sounds pretentious or something.

Here are a few more suggestions that you may like:

Alice

Clare

Clara

Delia

Eleanor

Greta

Gwyneth

Juliet

Lucy

Maeve

Maren

Maire

Nora

Pearl

Stella

Sadie

Tessa

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

June and [name_f]Liora[/name_f] are two of my favorite names and they go beautifully together.

But in my mind there is quite a bit of distance between [name_f]Liora[/name_f] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. Are the other family middle names for your children the same, or simply inspired by, their namesakes?

I don’t have anything against using a looser inspiration, I think it can be a wonderful solution—especially if the namesake involves doesn’t love their own name. But, I can see how it could be odd (or even a little hurtful, depending on personalities involved) if other grandparents share your children’s middle names and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] doesn’t. However, you certainly don’t owe it to anyone to use their name, and hopefully [name_f]Liora[/name_f] would be well-received. I’m just wondering if maybe your husband’s concern might be coming from that angle?

I love your taste in names!

I think [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Liora[/name_f] is lovely and my favourite on your list! The others I really like are [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

1 Like

My daughter’s middle name is [name_f]Leora[/name_f] and it hasn’t been an issue.

1 Like

Thanks all! I think even just hearing that more people like [name_f]Liora[/name_f] and understand how to say it will reassure him. I agree that [name_f]Leora[/name_f] is probably more intuitive but I also like how [name_f]Liora[/name_f] has the IO like our other girls. :slight_smile: