Juno Astrid is here!

Juno Astrid is here as of Monday morning 7lb 12oz!

Thanks again for everyone who responded on my previous post to make sure I didn’t falter on my top name choice.

Thought I’d explain a bit more how we got to Juno Astrid. I’ve always wanted something unusual, as soon as a name gets more popular it goes off the list for me. My top names I’ve kept over the years were mostly mythology names, I especially love those ending in O - such as Hero, Cleo, Domino, Cato, Arlo. And then I got stuck on Juno for the longest time (with Coral as my second choice).

We had a long fertility journey and to get pregnant was the most amazing thing and then to find out we were having a girl was everything we ever dreamed of. I was beyond excited to get talking about names! I should say that my fiancé isn’t big on discussing stuff, once he has an idea he likes to stick with it and someone had suggested Zelda to him - he loves the Zelda games and really wanted it. Now, I like the name and I love that it’s really uncommon but we’re a fairly geeky household and I just thought it was too nerdy for us, people would roll their eyes.

So I hit him with Juno - and he instantly loved it, decision made, no discussion needed. I think we had spoken about it years ago and we also liked June which is actually his nan’s name so he was won over very easily. My dream baby and my dream name - bliss.

Middle name was harder because he didn’t want one, he felt like middle names are tacky? I’m not sure where he got this from. But I didn’t come all this way to have possibly my only child to not take full advantage of naming her! Then he felt like it was supposed to be traditional and be named after someone but we don’t have any exciting family names. I really wanted something wild like Fox or Bloom (I still think Juno Bloom is the cutest and will probs use it as a nn) but that was a hard no from him. So I had to have a good think of what he’d say yes to, while still being cool and unusual like what I wanted.

Astrid was our first pet together, a beautiful bearded dragon, we had her from a baby until she was 2 and a half when she sadly passed, we were totally devastated. We thought she was a boy originally, so we called her Walter after John Noble’s character in Fringe. So after 9 months when she turned out to be a girl (when she laid eggs), we called her Astrid after Walter’s assistant on the show.

OH still really misses her often and so I hedged my bets and suggested Astrid as a middle name. His face lit up and it was the best feeling in the world! He said he loves that name so much he would have it as a first name but seeing as we’ve already had our Astrid, Juno Astrid it was! And she really suits it!

26 Likes

Oh my gosh, I couldn’t love this name more! [name_f]Juno[/name_f] is one of my absolute favourites - I tried to push it for my daughter but I couldn’t convince my partner unfortunately - and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is high on my list. I especially love the story behind it! A lot of people are anti using former pet’s names but I’m totally into it. Congratulations :blush:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Such a gorgeous name with a wonderful backstory. I love [name_f]Juno[/name_f] myself, and loves seeing it being used :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! I love [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and the story behind it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congratulations!!! Her name is so meaningful, not to mention powerful and adorable, she’ll always be proud of it. Good luck!

1 Like

Congratulations! I’ve always loved [name_f]Juno[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] separately, and hearing them together is so beautiful.

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is gorgeous!

1 Like

I LOVE it :raised_hands: [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to the world, [name_f]Juno[/name_f]!

I don’t know if you remember me from your previous thread, but I am also the mother to a [name_f]Juno[/name_f], and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] has been way up there on all of our shortlists. This is such a stunning combo and I’m thrilled you got to use a name you love so much and that has so much meaning to you.

2 Likes

I do! Thank you for your reply as a fellow [name_f]Juno[/name_f] mum! So glad she’s here!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Juno[/name_f] has such a wonderful name story! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is gorgeous :slight_smile:

1 Like

Juno has long been my favourite name! Congrats on your beautiful [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]

1 Like

A [name_f]Juno[/name_f] born in [name_u]June[/name_u]. Loving the subtle connection she will always have with the season she was born as well :smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! :confetti_ball: What a beautiful name! [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] sounds so perfect, unique and powerful. I love it :heart: The story behind your decision is enchanting.

Good luck and stay safe :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

She was due in [name_f]May[/name_f] :see_no_evil: so I was quite glad in the end we’d already told people!

Love it!! What a great name!!

1 Like

Obsessed with her name and all your other top choices! [name_u]Fox[/name_u] and [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] are two of my all-time favourite middle names. [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is such an awesome choice- glad you got your dream name and your dream girl. Congrats and welcome little ‘[name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]’.

1 Like

Juno [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is beautiful! Congratulations! So glad you went with it in the end

1 Like

Welcome [name_f]Juno[/name_f]! I love her name!

2 Likes

Congratulations!! [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is exquisite!! I’m so happy for you and your family.

1 Like