Juno or Juniper nn Juno?

See the results of this poll: Juno or Juniper?

Respondents: 45 (This poll is closed)

• Juno : 28 (62%)
  • Juniper: 17 (38%)

I definitely prefer [name_f]Juno[/name_f] on its own! [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] has never really sounded appealing to me, personally, and, tbh, it’s really hard to picture the name aging well. (I think it works better as mn.) [name_f]Juno[/name_f], on the other hand, sounds sweet, feels unexpected, and would certainly wear well on any age or personality! And I do agree that it better fits the kind of name you’re going for.

This is a tough one. [name_f]Juno[/name_f] stands so well on it’s own. She’s strong and fiesty yet sweet and slightly exotic at the same time. As above poster says, she ages well too. [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] on the other hand I still really like, and you have the added bonus of still being able to use [name_f]Juno[/name_f] as a nn.

I think I’m leaning more towards [name_f]Juno[/name_f] as a standalone name.

I love both but I prefer [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. It was actually on my list for my daughter but my partner didn’t like it unfortunately.

[name_f]Juno[/name_f] fits your criteria best and I think it’s versatile name :slight_smile:

I love both [name_f]Juno[/name_f] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], but see them as distinct names. If you’re going to call her [name_f]Juno[/name_f] then I would use that as the full name. So I voted for [name_f]Juno[/name_f].
Of course you can use [name_f]Juno[/name_f] as a nn, but for me it just seems to take away from the charm of both [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f] if you go that way. For [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] nns I love [name_m]Pip[/name_m], [name_m]Pippin[/name_m], [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], [name_f]Junie[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], Jip.

[name_f]Juno[/name_f]! I actually like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] more, but naming your daughter [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] and calling her [name_f]Juno[/name_f] doesn’t really make sense to me.

I much prefer [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] but i agree with @foeva. If you plan on calling her [name_f]Juno[/name_f] all the time, then it doesn’t make sense to me using it as a nickname. Also [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] feels a bit trendy, so I think [name_f]Juno[/name_f] is fits with your description the best.

Thanks everyone!! I agree that [name_f]Juno[/name_f] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] have different feels. I do like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] as well, but it does feel trendier and I don’t think I like it as much as I love [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. Strong, spunky, “queen of the heavens” – what more could you want in a name?

Although I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the nickname [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] as well, and have been searching for a long-form version of [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] that I like, so it’s tempting to consider [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] for that purpose.

I love [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] nn [name_f]Juno[/name_f] and I do think [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] fits your criteria. However if [name_f]Juno[/name_f] feels like the right choice for you I say go for it, let’s face it she could always become your little [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] berry!