Jura

[name_m]Jura[/name_m] has been growing on me lately, it’s a Scottish island name, and with a Scottish island name myself, I quite like the idea of carrying on the tradition. What do you think of it? Would you pair it with a more traditional middle name? What do you think of it compared to the other island names I like for girls, Eriska and Lismore?

I like it! It sounds strong but sweet at the same time. I like the connection with your name too. I prefer it to Eriska and Lismore personally - both are nice but [name_m]Jura[/name_m] feels easier to wear
I’d pair it with something familiar and quite feminine personally - [name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] popped into my head first

I love it but I tend to prefer it on a boy. I’d love to see it used on either gender, though.

Eriska is one of my favourite island names - I think it’s gorgeous! Lismore is very pretty too, though perhaps slightly less my style.

I like [name_m]Jura[/name_m] with longer, “pretty” middles. I don’t think they necessarily have to be super-traditional, though - [name_m]Jura[/name_m] is very unusual, but doesn’t feel too out there.

[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] Marsaili
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Marceline[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Leonore[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Endellion[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]

[name_m]Jura[/name_m] is quite nice (I do find it a little awkward perhaps, though I can’t seem to put my finger on just why that is I’m afraid…) though I do greatly prefer Eriska, which is just so wonderfully quirky, upbeat & energetic.

I think [name_m]Jura[/name_m] would work best visually with a longer middle name, as katinka mentioned above. [name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], which I think is just gorgeous, actually came to mind first, before scrolling back up to find [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] in your signature!

Thank you! I love [name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f] so much.

I don’t like it. What about just [name_f]Isla[/name_f]?

Tiree “land of [name_f]Iona[/name_f]”
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
Rysa
Lunna
Fidra

Anyone else?

I really love Eriska! It is my favorite of your choices.

I just cannot imagine it on a girl at all. It’s a boys’ name where I live (as it’s a variation of [name_m]George[/name_m]). It doesn’t help that I know people with this name. I’m not a fan, unfortunately.

I vastly prefer your other options, such as Lismore. I think it has a beautiful sound (if I’m saying it correctly)!

[name_m]How[/name_m] about:
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] Rowenna (it may be a bit R-heavy, though)
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Leontine[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Helene[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]

Lismore [name_f]Eluned[/name_f]
Lismore [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
Lismore [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
Lismore [name_f]Maia[/name_f]
Lismore [name_f]Orla[/name_f]
Lismore [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
Lismore [name_f]Evadne[/name_f]
Lismore [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]

Eriska [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
Eriska [name_f]Katrin[/name_f]
Eriska [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
Eriska [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
Eriska [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
Eriska [name_f]Cadence[/name_f]
Eriska [name_f]Sappho[/name_f] (I like this one!)

I hope you find some of these helpful!

I love it! I also like Lismore but [name_m]Jura[/name_m] feels more like a name I could see on a child. Maybe Lismore can be a middlename? It does sound very feminine.

[name_m]Jura[/name_m] reminds me of archeology (wich is a good connection tot me), isnt it a time period?

I think it’s a tad masculine due to its similarity to Jury so I’d pair it with a more feminine, frilly middle.
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]/[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Aster[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] Faerydae
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Severine[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] Celandine
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] Berengaria
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Salome[/name_f]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

[name_m]Jura[/name_m] reminds me of the french mountains, but also of Jurassic [name_m]Park[/name_m]. The name “[name_m]Jura[/name_m]” is derived from juria, a Latinized form of a Celtic stem jor- “forest” : Jura Mountains - Wikipedia
It’s cute!

Interesting to see so many people think it sounds masculine, I was aware it was a variation of [name_m]George[/name_m] in some languages, but it’s mainly used for girls here (and comes from old Norse via Gaelic and means “deer island”, so not related to [name_m]George[/name_m]).

Some amazing middle name suggestions, thank you!