The last couple of days I’ve read a lot pet peeves, favorite boy/girl names, favorite sibsets,etc. So I’ve come up with 8 random questions about…names! Feel free to answer them all, or as many as you’d like! Please do give some more informations about you choices, I’d love to hear it!
Note: please be respectful towards one another at all times! Everyone has different tastes and opinions, thats what makes Nameberry such an interesting place!
- your favorite name from a different culture, religion or mythology?
- a name you love, but are too afraid to tell family/friends because you think they’ll judge you?
- a nameberry favorite that you actually don’t like?
- something you love about your own name?
- a name you love, but everyone else on nameberry seems te dislike?
- a name a friend or family member chose for their baby, that you actually don’t like?
- your favorite gender neutral name?
- your biggest pet peeve!
Freydís - it’s a Norse, Icelandic name meaning noblewoman
Nour - an Arabic name meaning light
Skadi - it’s really out of the box and has a harsh sound, but for some reason I love it!
Milo - just doesn’t do it for me
I love that’s it’s unique for someone my age (early 20s) and it has a lovely meaning; compassionate friend
Hermione - gives me really whimsical vibes, and I’m a big Harry Potter fan, haha
Michael - just not my style
Ezra - I think for a girl I would go with Esra, feels more feminine to me!
When people put too much pressure on giving their children matching names, wether it’s first letters, syllables, stylistically, etc. All your children are individuals, so I feel like giving them names that match all the above criteria, you kinda take away what makes their names personal and special for each individual child.