Just a couple of names I've never considered... WDYT???

Came across these names tonight here on nameberry, and even though these are not new names to me, for some reason they just kind of jumped out at me tonight…
What do you think of:
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] (is this pronounced EV-lyn?)

Please share your thoughts with me! Can’t wait to hear from you… :slight_smile:

[name]Claire[/name]: It’s solid, classic, and sophisticated, but I do know quite a few of them, all ages. It’s the kind of name you can’t go wrong with, though.

[name]Clara[/name]: I actually really like this name, and I’ve recently rediscovered it. I think it’s really sweet and lovely sounding. The [name]Clara[/name] in the Nutcracker association is a plus for me, too. And [name]Clare[/name]/[name]Claire[/name] can always be a nickname!

[name]Evelyn[/name]: It’s pronounced ehv-uh-lin, but it kind of turns into ev-lin when I say it fast. I’m not a fan-- I know a lot of people like it, but I never have. It’s like a weird combination of masculine, old-lady, and trendy for me. I love [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Eva[/name], though.

I love [name]Claire[/name]!
[name]Clara[/name] is a bit too princessy for me for some reason…
I’ve always pronounced [name]Evelyn[/name] “Eh-va-lyn” and I like it!

Good luck :slight_smile:

[name]Claire[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. It’s simple but still pretty, feminine but not frilly.
[name]Clara[/name]- I prefer [name]Claire[/name].
[name]Evelyn[/name]- I also pronounce it with three syllables, EH-va-lyn. I’m not a fan, but I see the appeal.

Thank you for your responses berries - So nice to get opinions from you all! :slight_smile: Thanks also for the help with pronunciation of [name]Evelyn[/name]. I guess I was saying it wrong, and it’s more like, eh-vuh-lin. I asked my hubby about this name, and he actually really likes it! Hmmm, one to consider adding to our list?
I’ve never really considered [name]Claire[/name] because I have a male relative who goes by [name]Clare[/name], his name is [name]Clarence[/name]. We don’t see each other very often, but do you think it would be too weird to have a little girl named [name]Claire[/name], with an Uncle [name]Clare[/name]? I also really like [name]Clara[/name], but have another relative with this as her middle name. We’re not particularly close, although we do see each other regularly. Not sure I would want her to think we named our baby after her - Know what I mean? Any advice???
Thanks dear berries - you all are always such a help!! :slight_smile:

I have a poll for our girls’ name list over on “What names are you considering for your baby?”. Please help me out, and VOTE! :slight_smile:
Thank you in advance!!! :slight_smile:

[name]Claire[/name]- I’ve always loved the name [name]Claire[/name], it’s simple, familiar, classic, but not overused, and it always makes me think of clarity :slight_smile:

[name]Clara[/name]- Another favorite! Sweeter and more feminine then [name]Claire[/name], and I personally love it’s connection with the Nutcracker!

[name]Evelyn[/name]- It took me a while to like this name, but the more I hear it and the more I say it the more I love it, has a soft understated sound, but is still classic and elegant, and I love the nn’s [name]Eve[/name] & [name]Evie[/name]