Just Anne?

I’ve recently fallen in love with [name_f]Anne[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. I usually prefer names that are much longer and more unusual than plain old [name_f]Anne[/name_f], but there’s something about it that I just can’t get out of my head. I never liked [name_f]Anna[/name_f], and although I’m fond of a few other [name_f]Anne[/name_f]-related names ([name_f]Annika[/name_f], [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f], etc), I don’t like any as much as just [name_f]Anne[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f].

So, is [name_f]Anne[/name_f] on its own too plain or boring? Would it be wearable for a 21st century girl? Does the overuse of [name_f]Anna[/name_f]/[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] make [name_f]Anne[/name_f] sound even more worn-out?

Thanks!

[name_f]Anne[/name_f] by itself is too boring for my taste. Have you considered Annith? There’s also [name_f]Annelore[/name_f]. Those are both unusual and uncommon, but pretty enough to turn heads.

I love the simplicity of just [name_f]Anne[/name_f]. I think the simplicity makes it stand out!

I agree with [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] - [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is very popular and has a lot of variations. While you might get a lot of “oh, what’s it short for?” (because of [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] and others), it still stands out. I prefer [name_f]Annelise[/name_f], but [name_f]Anne[/name_f] makes for a great first name.

I knew an [name_f]Ann[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f] growing up. I loved the simplicity of it. I also believe she was the only one in a sea of like names, so it was a nice, refreshing change to say her name and know who you were talking about. I think it will work well with or without the ending E.

[name_f]Anne[/name_f] is sweet and simple. I quite like it. [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is really sweet

I honestly think that the simplicity of [name_f]Ann[/name_f] is what makes the name so pretty. [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is such an unusual name to see nowadays for me it would be so rare to see a baby called [name_f]Anne[/name_f] it’s refreshing! I don’t think [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is boring at all it’s lovely definitely not worn out really pretty.

[name_f]Anne[/name_f] is absolutely NOT boring! [name_f]Anne[/name_f] on it’s own has a fresh, unexpected elegance today. It’s so classic and pretty, definitely a favorite of mine, too! I think it’s lovely and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it as a choice for a little girl today. The nickname [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is super sweet, too. <3

I prefer longer [name_f]Anne[/name_f] names to just [name_f]Anne[/name_f].

To me, monosyllabic names are inadequate and unsubstantial. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Maryanne[/name_f] or [name_f]Annemarie[/name_f]?

I think [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is classic, short and sweet. I don’t see it as plain because honestly it isn’t that common or trendy as a first name on it own. Once upon a time it was, but it hasn’t been that way for decades. Same goes for [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. Maybe plain once but it’s almost refreshing on it’s own now.

[name_f]Anne[/name_f] is a perfectly good first name.

I love [name_f]Anne[/name_f]! It’s one of my favorite classic names, and not plain at all. It has rich history, an adorable nickname and it’s not too common nowadays! I do like other [name_f]Ann[/name_f]- names too like [name_f]Annora[/name_f], [name_f]Annemarie[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f], but nothing beats [name_f]Anne[/name_f].

[name_f]Anne[/name_f] has a pretty sound but it’s not enough for me.

I really love [name_f]Anne[/name_f]! I think it’s simple and seems common and familiar while actually being quite rare- everyone has seen the name [name_f]Anne[/name_f] but most people I know have not met a baby [name_f]Anne[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is overused in the middle but fresh and different as a first name. [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is sweet, simple, and versatile on its own.

I think [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is classic and as it’s not common for a first name anymore, it isn’t boring to me. To me, it’s like naming your baby [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. These names are often reserved for the middle spot, I would love to see them brought back to life as a baby’s first name. And if you’re going to call her [name_f]Anne[/name_f] or [name_f]Annie[/name_f], it has never made sense to me to name her [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] and then never call her by her full name. Call her what you’ll actually call her, imo. And if you love [name_f]Anne[/name_f] more than any other variant, for sure use it.

I’m not at all a fan of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is okay. I much prefer [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] nn “[name_f]Anne[/name_f],” or even more [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f].

It is a little boring for me I’m afraid, although the more I read the replies here the more it grows on me!

[name_f]Anne[/name_f] is a perfectly fine, classic name, though to be honest it feels boring nowadays. [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is adorable as a nickname, and the right middle will certainly change my mind over [name_f]Anne[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Anne[/name_f]! What about [name_f]Anniston[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ann[/name_f]?

I can’t say I love [name_f]Anne[/name_f]. It was really overused in the past, and I find it to be rather plain and dated. I prefer [name_f]Anne[/name_f]-[name_f]Marie[/name_f] personally.

[name_f]Annie[/name_f] is a very nice nickname though.