Just for fun combos

On the nose and alliteration combos that you happen to love anyway :joy:. Just a few I could think off the top of my head as of recent posts. Please share any of your alliteration or on the nose combos :heart:

Ezra Clark
Moshe Pascal (Lamb)
Shepherd Leroy (Shepherd-King)

Tabitha Catherine (Tabby-Cat)
Stella Luna
Autumn Aurelia

4 Likes

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f] (holy water)
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] (bright light)
[name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] (blind faith :grimacing:)
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] [name_f]Nadine[/name_f]

2 Likes

I absolutely love [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] (blind faith) :rofl:. It has given me the giggles in the middle of the night. But two gorgeous names that sound great together!

2 Likes

[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] (but it’s so cute :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:)
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Leroy[/name_m], [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] "Tabby-Cat"are cute!!

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Bronagh[/name_f] (she who brings happiness and sadness + alliteration)
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] (happiness and laughter)
[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] (lucky traveller)
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Tesni[/name_f] (golden sun)
[name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] Seafarer

3 Likes

@Amber_Joy not me thinking [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is actually lovely :eyes::joy:
@Greyblue [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is amazing

[name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] (both mean dove)
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Dearheart, my Narnian GP!
[name_f]Perdita[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] (this is actually our cat’s name! I also want to say [name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] )
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] (flower and stone for February)

3 Likes

I really really love [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_m]Bear[/name_m], which can mean ‘bear bear’. :grin:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite name combos have letters and sounds in common, and sometimes combos that are definitely too similar/cutesy just delight me. Sometimes I think my favourite [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is really pushing it, for example, and it’s far from the worst example. I’ll add if any come to mind tonight.

2 Likes

Okay I too actually love [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] with that nickname!

[name_f]My[/name_f] on the nose combos:

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] [name_m]Otso[/name_m] (teddy bear :teddy_bear:)
[name_f]Meri[/name_f] [name_f]Tuuli[/name_f] (sea wind) or [name_f]Meri[/name_f] [name_f]Ilma[/name_f] (sea air)
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] Aarre (greatest treasure) & [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_m]Onni[/name_m] (greatest happiness)

2 Likes

Girls:

• Cordelia Catherine (“pure heart of the sea” + alliteration)
  • Soleil Diana (“divine sun” but Diana also means “moon”)
  • Moon Marie (“moon & star of the sea” + alliteration)
  • Margaret Rainbow (“rainbow pearl” but also the combo in general)
  • Psyche Cordelia (soul & heart of the sea" but also the combo in general)
  • Thunder Opal (Not even sure which gender I like this for)
  • Luna Callisto (“beautiful moon” + Luna means “moon” while Callisto is a moon of Jupiter’s)
  • Soleil Maren (“sun of the sea”)
  • Willa Butterfly
  • Daisy Wisteria (double flowers)
  • Madelief Aurelia (“golden daisy”)

Boys:

• Fannar Fox (“snowdrift fox”)
  • Loki Poseidon (“trickster lord of the earth” but also names of gods from two different mythologies)
  • Phineas Pax (“peace of the serpent’s mouth” + alliteration)
  • Edmund Briar
  • Atlas Pollux (“crown of the bearer of heavens” + celestial & mythology theme)
  • Apollo Lucifer (This was suggested to me, and I absolutely love it, but it is evidently unusable)
  • Stellar Indigo (“starry blue”)
  • Viggo Alexander (Viggo means “war” and Alexander means “defender of men”)
3 Likes

in elementary school there was a nadine who had younger sisters (twins!) and one was naomi (the other nora). saw them at the beach once.

2 Likes

I can completely agree with [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]! Two of my personal favorites

1 Like

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Bronagh[/name_f] just woah! This is a very powerful statement.

[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is just so pleasant. Sounds like a perfect character name for a classic adventure story.

[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] I absolutely adore this.

And [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] Seafarer gave me a huge smile

1 Like

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Dearheart is so sweet

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] is so clever

And your cats name is adorable, love it!

1 Like

I can’t blame you for [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]. [name_m]Bear[/name_m] names are the best :teddy_bear::heart:

1 Like

Oh the Finnish names are so gorgeous!

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] [name_m]Otso[/name_m] Is so cute :heart:

1 Like

Wow these are all wonderful! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Callisto[/name_f] & [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]! The first is just stunning and the second is very compelling since the ancients used the symbol of the snake for guardian, protector & healing.

1 Like

[name_f]Lua[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] is one of my favorites but I wouldn’t actually use it because it’s quite on the nose :))) (moon sun)

1 Like