Just for Fun: Name My Daughter's Doll!

I’m probably not having any more kids, sadly, so I have to take naming opportunities where I can get them. My 15 month old daughter, [name]Genevieve[/name], is suddenly obsessed with babies and just got a new doll for [name]Christmas[/name]. She’s got two other dolls who already came with names, but this new one did not. She’s too young to name the doll herself, of course, so I’m (guiltily) eager to come up with a name to match her little sibset going on. So far she has:

~[name]Ruby[/name] (a newborn size Cabbage Patch Kid, came with the name [name]Karissa[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]. I changed it to [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Carissa[/name]…hate [name]Karissa[/name] with a “K” and think [name]Ruby[/name] is easier for a small child to say.)

~[name]Stella[/name] (a [name]Baby[/name] [name]Stella[/name] doll)

The new doll is a [name]Baby[/name] Alive doll that looks like this:

I would like something easier for a toddler to say, ideally, but also something that fits with her baby doll sisters’ names! :)Some ideas I had were:

[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]

For some reason, I’m preoccupied with the goal of finding a name that doesn’t have the same ending as either [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Stella[/name], but if the name matches well enough, maybe that can fall by the wayside. :slight_smile:

Please help me in my silly, but fun, quest! Thanks, Nameberries!

[name]Ruby[/name], [name]Stella[/name] and doll sister…
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]April[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Dove[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Colette[/name] nn [name]Coco[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Joy[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]

This post made me laugh :slight_smile:

I like [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Stella[/name] (pp suggestion of) [name]Margo[/name]

I do like [name]Margo[/name] alot too, and I think these names would also be cute :smiley:
[name]Opal[/name], Fefe, [name]Winnie[/name], [name]Polly[/name], [name]Miri[/name], [name]Lexi[/name], [name]Zuzu[/name], [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Hanna[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Cora[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Skye[/name], [name]Zora[/name], [name]Mina[/name], [name]Paige[/name], [name]Allie[/name], [name]Amy[/name], [name]Della[/name], [name]Becky[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], and [name]Nell[/name].
I bolded my faves :smiley:
P.S. This is a very creative way to get your naming in! This thread is really cute :lol:

Awh! Adorable! [name]Genevieve[/name] is so pretty btw.

Oh, [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Stella[/name], that’s an obvious theme right there- pretty British names :slight_smile:

• [name]Lola[/name]/[name]Layla[/name]
  • [name]Daisy[/name]
  • [name]Alice[/name]
  • [name]Kate[/name]
  • [name]Evie[/name]
  • [name]Flora[/name]
  • [name]Iris[/name]
  • [name]Gemma[/name]
  • [name]Gracie[/name]
  • [name]Lottie[/name]
  • [name]Millie[/name]
  • [name]Libby[/name]
  • [name]Sylvie[/name]
  • [name]Pippa[/name]
  • [name]Violet[/name]

I love [name]Lola[/name], [name]Evie[/name], or [name]Pippa[/name]. You can definitely get away with the British nicknaming trend ([name]Millie[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Lottie[/name], etc.) because it’s perfect for a doll! Sorry for repeats! :slight_smile:

Oh, I just saw your detail about wanting a different ending! In that case, [name]Alice[/name], [name]Iris[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] would work. [name]Charlotte[/name] also.

Haha, that baby is cute but I have to say its eyes are a little creepy! They look like they are melting. [name]Phoebe[/name] is a good name in my opinion, but I’m not really a name expert. I typed [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Stella[/name] into Nymbler and it suggested:
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Reva[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Emmy[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Emmie[/name]
[name]Constance[/name]
[name]Dixie[/name] (?)
[name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]June[/name]

Thanks for indulging me! I love all your lists of names…so many of them I would love to use if I were naming a daughter rather than a doll! And I totally agree that the doll’s eyes are a bit creepy, ha ha! She looks better in real life, than in the photo. She’s actually an older style [name]Baby[/name] Alive doll that my mom bought from a seller on Amazon. The newer [name]Baby[/name] Alive dolls are REALLY scary looking! Big, huge plastic faces that look like a cross between a doll and a clown…

Anyway, I do [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Margot[/name]. It’s actually at the top of my list if I were ever lucky enough to have another daughter, so partly for that reason, I think I’d like to not use it for the doll. I also think it’s a bit more sophisticated than I wanted to go. But I just adore that name.

The names that jumped out at me, for various reasons, were:

[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] (but we already have a Leapfrog [name]Violet[/name])
[name]Charlotte[/name] (maybe a bit much for a 15 month old to try to say?)
[name]Daisy[/name] (which reminded me she has a very small stuffed doll she got as a newborn that I had named [name]Daisy[/name]…she has flowers on her feet! So maybe [name]Daisy[/name] is out…)
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Evie[/name] (Which was almost my daughter’s nickname, and may be still. I’ve been calling her [name]Genny[/name] because I was worried about how popular [name]Evie[/name] is becoming, but I might decide I don’t care and call her [name]Evie[/name], too, or instead.)
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Millie[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Lulu[/name] ([name]Genevieve[/name] has a little friend named L”onor nn [name]Lulu[/name], though, so that might be confusing)
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] (maybe hard for her to say?)
[name]Coco[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]

I think I’m torn between [name]Alice[/name], [name]Pippa[/name], [name]Coco[/name], and [name]Mabel[/name]. Anyone want to weigh in on this? I’ll mull this over…

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Coco[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]

Ok. I would immediately eliminate [name]Mabel[/name], because it’s not as playful as [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Stella[/name]. [name]Coco[/name] doesn’t seem quite the same style but it’s adorable and easy for a little one to say. [name]Alice[/name] has the British thing going on, as does [name]Pippa[/name]. [name]Pippa[/name]'s my fave out of the three- I’m actually getting a cat soon and she’ll be [name]Pippa[/name]- but you may want [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Coco[/name] because of the different endings. Maybe try all three out with your daughter and see if she shows any preference? (don’t know if she’s old enough to have an opinion yet!) They’re all super cute names. Fun topic :smiley:

Thanks for the input, isaberry! Well, I had started to kind of lean toward [name]Mabel[/name]…tried it out and the hubby said: No! I thought, really? I can’t even name a doll without getting his approval?! :roll: I told him the others from my short little list, and he thought [name]Alice[/name] was the only good one. And I like [name]Alice[/name] a lot, think it fits, and will be easy enough for my daughter to say. So, I’m at peace with the fact that my husband had the final say… :wink:

[name]Ruby[/name], [name]Stella[/name], and [name]Alice[/name]. Cute! Thanks, all, for your help. This was super silly, and super fun. :smiley:

[name]Alice[/name] sounds good to me! Yes, it was fun, wasn’t it? [name]Happy[/name] New Year!

[name]Jade[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]