Just for fun!

My husband and I are young and outgoing, [name]Christian[/name], with a heavy Scandinavian ancestry. We love travel, particularly in Europe.
We’re very creative people and are involved in all of the arts; musical talent runs in both sides of the family.
We’re tree-hugging, small-town Northerners with spunk and a stubborn streak. We love Renaissance festivals and reading, particularly fantasy novels.
Friends and family are our greatest treasures.

Ideally we’d like to have 4 children.
What would you name them?

Leave a description of your family and we’ll keep this going! :slight_smile:

Aww, [name]Dove[/name], you guys sound awesome! Yay for [name]Dove[/name]'s family!

Anyway, let me get on to the point - names!

Andren - “manly” - Scandinavian
[name]Anneke[/name] - “little [name]Ann[/name]” - Scandinavian
[name]Boden[/name] - “sheltered” - Scandinavian
[name]Freya[/name] - “goddess of love” - Scandinavian
[name]Kaia[/name] - “pure” - Scandinavian
[name]Linnea[/name] - “lime tree” - Scandinavian
[name]Maren[/name] - “pearl” - Scandinavian
[name]Niel[/name] - “champion” - Scandinavian
[name]Sanna[/name] - “lily flower” - Scandinavian
[name]Viggo[/name] - “battle” - Scandinavian

MY PICKS: [name]Anneke[/name], [name]Boden[/name], [name]Freya[/name], and [name]Viggo[/name]

For middle names, something Renaissance-esque would be good. I love [name]Raphael[/name] and [name]Lorenzo[/name] for boys, and [name]Antonia[/name] and [name]Caterina[/name] for girls!

MY PICKS: [name]Anneke[/name] [name]Antonia[/name], [name]Boden[/name] [name]Raphael[/name], [name]Freya[/name] [name]Caterina[/name], and [name]Viggo[/name] [name]Lorenzo[/name]

Then, let’s throw in a nature name, why don’t we? [name]Hyacinth[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Primrose[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Briar[/name], and [name]Wren[/name] for girls, Jarrah, [name]Basil[/name], [name]Drake[/name], [name]Frost[/name], and [name]West[/name] for boys.

So, [name]Dove[/name], I would name your four children - two boys and two girls - these names:

[name]Anneke[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Boden[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] [name]Drake[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Caterina[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Viggo[/name] [name]Lorenzo[/name] [name]Basil[/name]

What do you think?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

That’s awesome, [name]Lemon[/name]! Your reply made me smile so much, and I definitely needed a smile today! So thanks! :slight_smile:
I actually quite like a lot of the names you suggested too! I might have to run them by my hubby!

My favorite part of your reply-- you suggested my very own name, [name]Linnea[/name]! :smiley:

Your name is beautiful, [name]Dove[/name]! And, I think my favorite is [name]Boden[/name]. It sound fresh and modern, yet still handsome and classic. Strangely, it has a natural sound to it, too! And, I like the [name]Bode[/name] (as in [name]Bode[/name] [name]Miller[/name], [name]BO[/name]-dee) nickname, too…

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Boden[/name] was my favorite too! :smiley:

Boys
[name]Anders[/name]
[name]Bram[/name]
[name]Carsten[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Jesper[/name]
[name]Lars[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]William[/name]

Girls

[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] nn [name]Ella[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Nora[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] - love
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Josie[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Mattie[/name], [name]Tilda[/name], [name]Tillie[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
Rosemay nn [name]Rosie[/name]
[name]Veronika[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]

3 boys, 1 girl.

[name]River[/name] Ryazan ([name]River[/name]- earthy, Ryazan- wordly, its a city in [name]Russia[/name]) I like the double initial

Bodie Aleksander (both very european feeling names to me)

[name]Matthijs[/name] Lieve ([name]Matthijs[/name] is the dutch form of [name]Matthew[/name], and means "gift of god"Lieve means “dear friend” in dutch)

and the girl would be:

[name]Briar[/name] [name]Annalise[/name] (earthy first name, german origins for the middle name, but still a common yet unique name)

Thoughts???

sara_1211~
Cool names! :slight_smile: Thanks for playing along!

I like to imagene creative names for my book characters, (still writing, love fantasy too!) well here are my ideas…

(girls)

[name]Tilly[/name]-[name]Ann[/name] [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Field[/name]*
[name]Dannielle[/name] (aka [name]Danny[/name]) [name]Skyla[/name]* (Off set of my name, [name]Skyla[/name])
[name]Jacie[/name] [name]Blaze[/name]
[name]May[/name] [name]Pepper[/name]
[name]Ayla[/name] [name]Atlas[/name]*( I [name]LOVE[/name] (you have no idea) [name]LOVE[/name], atlas)

(boys)

[name]Cooper[/name] Place
[name]Adam[/name] [name]Lash[/name]
[name]Abril[/name] [name]Gray[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Sky[/name]*
~these are kinda silly/fun but I really like the ones with* :slight_smile:

any ideas/comments/critizism are greatly apreciated

Very fun!
I’ll do four girls now and add four boys tomorrow since it’s almost 2 am here and I need some sleep!

[name]Alva[/name] [name]Sonora[/name] - [name]Alva[/name] is Norse, means ‘fairy’= nature and fantasy, [name]Sonora[/name] reminds me of sound=music, plus you get ‘[name]Nora[/name]’ which is very used in Scandinavia and with ties to 'A [name]Doll[/name]‘s House’ AND it’s a place name. (not in Europe, but still gives you an international flair) :slight_smile:

[name]Oleanna[/name] [name]Sol[/name] - [name]Oleanna[/name] is pretty over the top frilly and renaissance-ish to me, isn’t it? It means ‘ancestor’ and is a form of [name]Olav[/name]/[name]Ole[/name] which is super Norse. Also has the [name]Anna[/name] part from the bible :slight_smile: [name]Sol[/name] is awesome for you because it means sun which is nature and because it travels across the sky, and the Norse [name]Sol[/name] also means ‘house/home’ since family is so important!

[name]Clarion[/name] Leid - [name]Clarion[/name] is a word/musical name that can also mean ‘inspiring’ which I think is a fitting description for outgoing Christians. Leid is Norse and means ‘pathfinder’ which is one of the coolest meanings I’ve ever found a name to have! ([name]Clarion[/name] is also the queen in Disney’s Fairies concept… Something she’ll appreciate when she’s young and forget when she’s older)

[name]Una[/name] [name]Ellisif[/name]/Ellisiv - [name]Una[/name] is Norse and Latin. It’s also a name used in [name]Neil[/name] Gaiman’s book ‘Stardust’ which all fantasy lovers should read! In Norse it means ‘to be satisfied’. I’d use it for the last girl, which also is cool since most would use it for the first since it means ‘one’ in Latin. (and you could probably spin that to something positive for the little girl!) Ellisf/Ellisiv is the Norse form of [name]Elisabeth[/name], the ultimate name. Sif/Siv is also a Norse name meaning ‘friendship’ :slight_smile:

I’d call them [name]Alva[/name], [name]Ollie[/name], [name]Rio[/name] and [name]Una[/name] maybe, so they all get equally unique nicknames. ([name]Alva[/name], [name]Annie[/name], [name]Clare[/name] and [name]Una[/name] would be going the more traditional route)

Let me know what you think! ^^

I love this! so much fun.

[name]Hi[/name]!

Combining Scandinavian and Bible names:

Amund [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Lars[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Kari[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Astrid[/name]

My favorite Scandinavian name for a girl for sure is [name]Astrid[/name]. It’s pretty and I also like its meaning, which is “star.” [name]Elin[/name] is another Scandinavian name I like, which could be a nickname for [name]Elinor[/name]/[name]Eleanor[/name]. That name too has great meaning because it signifies “light” or “ray of sunshine.”

Speaking of [name]Astrid[/name], a name I just recently heard was Astor. [name]Love[/name] it.
[name]Elin[/name], I love!! I heard this from [name]Tiger[/name] Woods’ wife, and love it and the way it is pronounced instead of the traditional [name]Ellen[/name] :slight_smile:

Speaking of [name]Astrid[/name], a name I just recently heard was Astor. [name]Love[/name] it.
[name]Elin[/name], I love!! I heard this from [name]Tiger[/name] Woods’ wife, and love it and the way it is pronounced instead of the traditional [name]Ellen[/name] :)[/quote]

Astor is a great name too. I had that on my list of favorites but we are going with a different name (our girl is now 6 days late). I love any name that means star.

What fun ideas everyone! :slight_smile: I love it!

Dearest – Ilove all the thought you put into the names you chose! Very cool! I’m pretty inspired by everyone’s suggestions!

And [name]Sara[/name]-- I’m really glad you started your own post on this! I’m going to go find it again and make my suggestions for you now! :slight_smile:

I love putting thought and meaning behind names, it’s what I do on my own time, so it provides an extra fun challenge to do it for others. I also love that it’s more demanding and you have to do more research than just finding names of a similar style or sound!

Here come the boys!
And just as a heads up, it’s more difficult to find boys’ names with meaningful meaning since a lot of them mean something related to war. :S

[name]Bastian[/name] Ellef - [name]Bastian[/name] is from ‘the never-ending story’ which is both fantasy and travel, plus it’s a [name]German[/name] book which is Europe. Ellef is Norse, means ‘to have many descendants’ which is equal to having a large family since that’s so important! [name]Bastian[/name] is also fairly common in Norway compared to in most English speaking nations.

[name]Audun[/name] Livar - [name]Audun[/name] is Norse and means ‘gifted’ which he’s likely to be in the music department, Livar means ‘one who protects the people of the house’. Can also be spelled Livard or Lidvard, but the D’s are silent, so I chose the least confusing option ^^

[name]Raphael[/name] [name]Ari[/name] - [name]Raphael[/name] was an archangel, also for the Renaissance painter by the same name :slight_smile: [name]Ari[/name] is Norse and means ‘eagle’ which I think has both a tree-hugging and travelling perspective.

Somerled Runi - Runi was used about people with secret knowledge. This gives it both a fantasy aspect and a musical aspect in the sense that he’s likely to have ‘hidden’ musical talents. Somerled is an Anglicised form of an old Norse name meaning ‘summer traveller’ :slight_smile: