Just for fun

I am not pregnant, but I am always thinking of baby names for the future. For a while I have been thinking about the name [name_u]Owen[/name_u], especially with the middle name [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. But recently I thought of the name [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], which I think is absolutely adorable because of the nickname [name_u]Olly[/name_u]/[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]. I know I shouldn’t be worrying about baby names yet, but I just can’t stop thinking about it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] vs [name_u]Owen[/name_u]?

A work colleague just had a son named [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. Both [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] are relatively popular names for boys right now (ranked 5 and 25 respectively). I prefer [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] of the two.

Both names are very charming and handsome! I prefer [name_u]Owen[/name_u]’s popularity and distinct sound. However, [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is one of my all time favorite names for a boy, an amazing classic name. I love it!

I like both. At one point [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] was going to be the name of our first son, but I felt like it was getting more popular than I was comfortable with. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though [name_u]Owen[/name_u] is fairly popular too, it feels less trendy to me, so it would probably be my pick of the two. Popularity isn’t the worst thing, though. I think either is still a good choice!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] & [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] are both great names. They are both very common, but that may or may not be an issue for you. I personally prefer [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. [name_u]Owen[/name_u] is the perfect balance of outdoorsy rugged guy mixed w/a gentle sensitive sweet guy. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is charming & quirky. Maybe a little bit posh. And [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] is adorable for a little fella.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_u]Owen[/name_u] to [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] myself, though both are very handsome names and both work well with mn [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. [name_u]Owen[/name_u] is less popular than [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], which is a plus. You can’t go wrong either way, but I vote [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. It has soft yet strong sounds. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is nice enough but its a little overdone