Just not loving Lucy

So I’ve been trying to love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] for a while now and it’s still not coming easily. It’s hubby’s favorite and everyone here seems to love it, but I still am not feeling it. I’m not really loving any names right now though so maybe it’s not [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]'s fault. I’m actually wondering if all the time I spent here before I was pregnant has made me a bit numb to names. Anyway, I’d love some suggestions. Hubby is feeling badly that I don’t love the name and so seems pretty open to names possibly rejected earlier. My other kiddos names are in my siggy.

All your other names have an A in them, so it would bother me (personally) to have the sixth not have that A.

What about?
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]

all of those have bright, soft feels to me and seem fitting for an [name_f]Easter[/name_f] lady.

That is a really nice list of names. DH always rejects [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]. I brought it up again today in an email and he said he liked it. Now I know he was just being nice to me because I’m sad that I don’t love any names, but maybe there’s hope. I think it sounds really nice with our last name. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] have definitely been on my list. Perhaps they’ve been on my list too long and I’m having a hard time finding them exciting. [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is my only niece on my side. My name is [name_f]Laura[/name_f] =)

Congratulations!

[name_m]Paul[/name_m], [name_m]Mark[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u] and: [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Philip[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Timothy[/name_m]

[name_u]Clare[/name_u], [name_f]Katharine[/name_f] and: [name_f]Anne[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]

What about a different form of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]?
I’ve been loving Lucienna lately.
Maybe even [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f].
Lucianna
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (which is also an island in the Caribbean - St. [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] pronounced Loo-sha)

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] seems perfect for your family group.

why not [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] as the first name? I think that is the perfect match for [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f].

BTW, I agree, I don’t understand the [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] thing at all.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a thought on [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. I have a grandmother who is [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. Would that work for you and your husband? He could call her [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and you could call her [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], or one of the other hundreds :wink: of [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] nns? ([name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Elisa[/name_f], lissa, Lissy, [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Libby[/name_f], [name_f]Beth[/name_f], [name_f]Bess[/name_f], [name_f]Bessie[/name_f], [name_f]Buffy[/name_f], bunny, bette, [name_f]Betty[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_u]Issy[/name_u], lilbeth, lilibet, lili, lisbet, [name_f]Tibby[/name_f], etc.)

My name is [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], and I love it. But hey, everyone has a different cup of tea when it comes to names.

What about [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], [name_f]Lucille[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]/[name_f]Luciana[/name_f] (though those two are fraught with pronunciation problems), [name_f]Lucida[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucine[/name_f]/Lusine?

I wish I could help you love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], if that’s what you really want, but I’ve never really gotten the appeal behind [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] at all. I like [name_f]Lily[/name_f] much more. I love a lot of the suggestions–[name_f]Anne[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. I really miss [name_f]Tess[/name_f], too. :frowning: I still find [name_f]Tess[/name_f] Tys0n so memorable and sweet, and I really want you to have a little [name_f]Theresa[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] or [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] would be lovely. Or even [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tess[/name_f]? Someone suggested that to me months ago because I was really loving [name_f]Tess[/name_f], but not [name_f]Theresa[/name_f]. I think it’s a great option, and I love [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] with [name_u]Clare[/name_u] and [name_f]Katharine[/name_f]. [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] Tys0n sounds better than [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] Tys0n, too, if you’re still worried about that? As for other ideas, what about:

[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]/[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (probably not really your style, but I still like it with your other kiddos)
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] ([name_f]Eva[/name_f]! [name_u]Clare[/name_u], [name_f]Katharine[/name_f], and [name_f]Eva[/name_f]!)

Good luck!

Maybe [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]? That was the first name that came to mind when I saw you liked [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] but wasn’t in love with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] as a name. Other names you may like:
Besides [name_f]Ruth[/name_f](ruthie is adorable and kind of sounds like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f])

[name_f]Katharine[/name_f], [name_m]Mark[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Clare[/name_u], [name_m]Paul[/name_m], &:

[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] or [name_f]Eve[/name_f]/[name_f]Eva[/name_f]

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] or [name_f]Ella[/name_f]

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Belle[/name_f]/[name_f]Bella[/name_f]

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] or [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]

[name_f]Faith[/name_f] or [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is one of my husband’s favorites too, and I don’t care for it at all. So…you’re not alone?

If you moved [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] up to first place, all of your girls would have a K sound, which might be nice if you like having that connection.

[name_f]Magdalen[/name_f] would be a sweet name for an [name_f]Easter[/name_f] baby, if you are interested in Biblical names. [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] would be appropriate too – though maybe that one is not quite your style.

I think you might like [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Joan[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f].

P.S. Lots of us name lovers get stumped once a little one is actually on the way! It’s strange, but it seems to be not at all unusual.

What about [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] as a middle name? Eg [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]?

We definitely have considered using [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] as a first name but in the end I’ve found it too close to [name_u]Clare[/name_u]'s name. Claroline is what comes out of my mouth most of the time.

I really like both [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. Hubby doesn’t care for either particularly not [name_f]Eve[/name_f] because of the whole [name_m]Adam[/name_m] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] thing. Also, he gets skiddish over any name that sounds “old-ladyish” which apparently [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] does.

I actually think [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is a name both dh and I could have gotten on board with. But my brother-in-law and his wife have a 4 year old named [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] whom they call [name_f]Lilly[/name_f]. The weirdest thing happened this pregnancy with [name_f]Theresa[/name_f]. All of a sudden I was over it. My hang up on [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is that I know that we’d call her [name_f]Libby[/name_f] nearly all the time. I went through that with my younger daughter. We called her [name_f]Katie[/name_f] 100% of the time and then suddenly I was so sick of it. Luckily she was still little and we now we mostly call her by her full name or [name_f]Kat[/name_f]. I just don’t think I could pull off using the full [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] all the time.

I really like [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] for you. Honestly, I think [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] works the best, but I’m a little tired of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. My vote would go to [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] or [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], and my next choice would be [name_f]Grace[/name_f], if only because [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is a word name and that feels a little out of place.

[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] or [name_f]Mary[/name_f] would sound nice as well, but would probably be shortened to Sar or [name_f]Mar[/name_f] every once in a while, which sound really close to [name_u]Clare[/name_u].

I like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], but not with your children. I know [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is an old name, and a saint’s name, but for some reason it really feels like a nickname, not a solid classic like your other children’s names. I suspect it’s because it ends with the -ee sound, and those often sound like nicknames to me.

Some more suggestions:

[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

I also really like [name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f], as some others have suggested!

I also don’t really understand the appeal of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]!

I second the suggestion of [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. Or how about [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f] (I read this in a book once and found it interesting!), [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] (I confess that I watch [name_m]Hart[/name_m] of [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] and there’s a gorgeous character called [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f], nn [name_m]AB[/name_m]), [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] (I seem to be suggesting smoosh names!), [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] - and that’s all I have at the moment! Best of luck!

LO! We are just two peas in a pod aren’t we? :wink: I really like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]… but could never truly get on board with her, I am not sure why. I know you know I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]!! and I think she would be a perfect fit!! [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is just gorgeous!!! Also I love for you:
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] (I know what you are saying, but she really isn’t that close to [name_f]Claire[/name_f], and she sounds so beautiful with your other girls!)… but if it won’t work for you guys, it just doesn’t work.
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] ([name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] for you, and I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] it paired with [name_f]Grace[/name_f]!)
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]- [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] for you!!
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - gorgeous!! and FWIW- [name_f]Libby[/name_f] is a [name_f]PRECIOUS[/name_f] nn! I love it!!

I also love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] for you, too bad it’s off the list, especially with the baby being born around [name_f]Easter[/name_f]… [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is just so sweet!!! No, I do not have a hang up on [name_f]Grace[/name_f] :wink: LOL!