Just realized something, anyone else like this?

I do the same I associate it with characters I like for example I just posted in the [name]Alfred[/name] thread. That I love [name]Alfred[/name] because of Batman’s butler, and I never liked the name before. LOL. Now I think it’s adorable because of him…

For me it’s [name]Portia[/name] from The Merchant of [name]Venice[/name]. I do the same with famous people I admire, too. Royals really turned me onto classic names like [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name]. I like [name]Jacqueline[/name] a lot more now (though not enough to use it) after learning about [name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Kennedy[/name] Onassis.

People in real life can also make me like or dislike a name more, though not always. E.g. I found [name]Louisa[/name] really stuffy until I met my spunky and creative friend [name]Louisa[/name], but knowing an awful [name]Camilla[/name] doesn’t make me like the name any less.

Yes! Totally! I think a lot of my favorite names area based in literature and pop culture. From my girls list:

[name]Dorothea[/name]- Okay, I can’t say this is totally for Middlemarch by [name]George[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] since I only read seven chapters, but she was a good character. I’d love the name if there was a bad character. [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] is just thin layer of icing on the cake.

[name]Beatrice[/name]- The [name]Shakespeare[/name] character is great. She was witty and strong. Definitely gave the name some oomf.

[name]Alice[/name]- Not so much with [name]Alice[/name], but I grew to love it more after I read [name]Alice[/name] and Wonderland for the first time this summer.

[name]Cornelia[/name]- Again, not so much with [name]Cornelia[/name], but definitely with the nickname [name]Cora[/name]. Downton [name]Abbey[/name] really makes some of the “harsher” vintage names soft again.

[name]Clara[/name]- The little girl from the Nutcracker. 'Nuff said.

[name]Louisa[/name]- [name]Louisa[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Allcott[/name] helped with the love of this name. But the book Persuasion turned me off of it for a little while. There was a line in which someone says to the heroine [name]Anne[/name], “Who would want a silly [name]Louisa[/name] when they could have an [name]Anne[/name]?” Obviously that’s not it, but it’s similar. I was like “[name]Silly[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]? I don’t want that!” I’ve since gotten over it and love the name again.

[name]Georgiana[/name]- Part of it was The Duchess starring [name]Kierra[/name] Knightly, and part of it was Pride and Prejudice. Seeing it on a real person made it so much greater.

[name]Edith[/name]- Kind of Downton [name]Abbey[/name], part of it was just a newfound love of the name. [name]Edith[/name] certainly wasn’t a likable character, but it was nice to see it on a young person.

[name]Adelaide[/name]- I just like [name]Adelaide[/name]. No real story behind it.

[name]Sybil[/name]- Okay, if I named my daughter [name]Sybil[/name], I would love for her to grow up to be like [name]Sybil[/name] Crawley. Kind, smart, and independent- all wonderful qualities. She makes the name wonderful.

• [name]Athena[/name]

For me, if I meet someone I love with a name, it will make me love the name more. It also works the other way, bad person, the name becomes bad.

[name]Sorcha[/name] (Daughter of the [name]Forest[/name] by [name]Juliet[/name] Marillier)
[name]Alistair[/name] (Dragon Age, even though I prefer [name]Alasdair[/name])
[name]Charles[/name] ([name]Chuck[/name])
[name]Anya[/name] ([name]Buffy[/name] the Vampire Slayer/[name]Anastasia[/name])
[name]Mary[/name] (Downton [name]Abbey[/name])
[name]Lucy[/name] (Chronicles of [name]Narnia[/name])
[name]Petra[/name] (The Chrysalids)
[name]April[/name]/[name]Zoe[/name] (The Longest [name]Journey[/name])

There is probably more, but I do seem to love names more if I see them in things like tv shows and books.