Just Rosie? or...

I love [name]Rosie[/name]! She’s absolutely my new favorite, and the first choice for maybe baby girl. But. Is she too nickname-y? Can she stand alone? I also really love the idea of [name]Rose[/name] with nickname [name]Rosie[/name], but how does [name]Rose[/name] sound with a single syllable last name, similar to [name]Smith[/name]?

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Smith[/name]?

I’ve thought of the other [name]Rose[/name] names with more syllables ([name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Primrose[/name], etc) but the only one I really like is [name]Rosalie[/name], and I’m just not quite sold on her.

Opinions/suggestions?

She would be sister to [name]Leo[/name], if that helps.

Thanks!!

My fav is [name]Rosemarie[/name]
I don’t think [name]Rose[/name] [name]Smith[/name] is bad at all, especially if she had a long middle name

For what it’s worth, I know a woman named [name]Rosie[/name] and her baby naming advice was to never use a nick name for a first name. As a grown woman she didn’t like the nn sound to her name.

I don’t care for the [name]Rose[/name] [name]Smith[/name] sound. A two syllable first name would sound more pleasing.

Good luck!

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Smith[/name] does not sound great, and I personally do not care for [name]Rosalie[/name] because of the strong connection to the Twilight series. [name]Rosie[/name] is gorgeous and not too nicknamie. You should probably use a long middle name… here are some suggestions

[name]Rosie[/name] Annasophia [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Rosie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Rosie[/name] [name]Delphina[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Rosie[/name] [name]Georgette[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Rosie[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Rosie[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Rosie[/name] [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Rosie[/name] [name]Eugenia[/name] [name]Smith[/name]

just a few random mns bc i dont know what you like, but I hope i helped

i think [name]Rose[/name] [name]Smith[/name] would be fine if there were a long middle name to balance out the short first and last names.

Personally, I like [name]Rosaline[/name]. Have you considered that one?

I like [name]Rosalie[/name]. I know the cutest little toddler girl named [name]Rosalie[/name] and nobody ever brings up Twilight.

Have you considered [name]Rosalind[/name]? I love this name because of the association with [name]Shakespeare[/name]. I really like the nickname, [name]Rosie[/name], but I would probably use a longer, for formal first name - especially with a last name like [name]Smith[/name].

I would stay away from a nickname first name. [name]Rose[/name] [name]Smith[/name] is OK - I don’t mind the shortness at all - it’s the way the z sound at the end of [name]Rose[/name] bumps into the S sound at the start of [name]Smith[/name]. [name]Rosa[/name] [name]Smith[/name]? [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Smith[/name]?

Thanks! I mostly agree with everyone that [name]Rose[/name] is not perfect with our last name, and [name]Rosie[/name] is a bit too nickname-y. I guess I just needed to hear it from you! I’ll probably go with with [name]Rosalie[/name], though I quite like the history of [name]Rosalind[/name]. But isn’t it pronounced with a short o sound? That’s not my favorite :frowning:

I hadn’t thought about [name]Rosaline[/name]? [name]How[/name] is everyone pronouncing that?

Thanks again!

I love [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Rose[/name], and [name]Rosalie[/name]! I think she’d probably appreciate [name]Rosalie[/name] the most when she’s older because it’s more versatile.
[name]Rose[/name] is nice, but won’t sound as good as [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] with the 1 syllable last name. So, my vote is for [name]Rosalie[/name] with NN [name]Rosie[/name]!

Good luck!

I pronounce [name]Rosaline[/name] – rose-uh - line like it looks. :slight_smile:

I’d pronounce it this way or possibly rose-uh-leen. Either way I think it’s a beautiful name.