just some ideas...

I haven’t been into the whole baby names stuff in a while; I’ve been too busy to even think about names. But now that I’ve finally found some free time over winter break, I’ve got some new ideas.

I’ve been pairing up really popular names with fustier/more unused ones, and it seems like they sound a lot more classic and elegant this way
[name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] and [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name] and [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] and [name]Marianne[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name] and [name]Norah[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Lucille[/name]

What do you think? Are popular names rendered less trendy when paired with less trendy siblings?

Yeah, I think a sibset of [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] is gorgeous and classic while a sibset of [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] is just boring and overdone. I think this works well with both sibsets and first/middle combos, too. The only problem is that one child will still end up having a ultrapopular, overused name, and they won’t be part of a sibset forever. From your list, I love:

[name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] and [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] and [name]Marianne[/name]

Mixing and matching, how about:

[name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] and [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Rosalind[/name]

When I first started reading I thought you were pairing the names as first and middles, not as siblings. I think combos like [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name] make [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] seem less trendy and more classic and sophisticated but to be honest as sibsets most of them just seem mismatched to me.

I think the following work (but I don’t necessarily think using one less common name makes the common name seem less trendy):

[name]Emma[/name] and [name]Rosalind[/name] (works for me because [name]Emma[/name] is a classic name with lots of history)
[name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] (I tend to think of these as both very popular names!)
[name]Madeline[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] (see above, but [name]Alice[/name] might just be more popular here in the UK, not sure)
[name]Abigail[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] (these are the same ‘kind’ of names)
[name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] (I think [name]Georgia[/name] is more common here in the UK than [name]Liliana[/name])

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!