Just Viv?

Curious to hear your thoughts on [name]Viv[/name]. [name]Just[/name] [name]Viv[/name].

The name is listed on nameberry, but it doesn’t offer a description or recommend names that might go with. Which surprises me.

I know some of you don’t like nicknamey names on their own. But I do. I’ve got a [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Max[/name] and am looking for the perfect lil’ sis for them.

Can’t wait to hear what you think. And, any middle name suggestions?

I wouldn’t do just [name]Viv[/name], as it sounds completely, well, incomplete to me, but I would do just [name]Liv[/name], in a heartbeat. [name]Liv[/name] would be so cute with [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Max[/name]! Or, maybe you’d like [name]Viva[/name]? But, I prefer [name]Liv[/name].

Middle names would depend on how long your last name is, but I’d go long. Something like [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Gwendolyn[/name], [name]Georgiana[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], or [name]Juliet[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]. [name]Viv[/name] is a great nn.

I have to second the suggestion of [name]Liv[/name]…for some reason that seems a lot more substantial to me than [name]Viv[/name]. They’re both great nicknames, but something about the sound of [name]Viv[/name] makes it seem more like a nickname than an actual name. Maybe because “[name]Liv[/name]” sounds like the word “live”? I don’t know. I personally wouldn’t use either as a full name, but if I had kids named [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Max[/name], I’d go with [name]Liv[/name] over [name]Viv[/name].

[name]Liv[/name], eh? I was thinking [name]Liv[/name] sounded a little too modern with [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Max[/name]. No? Where [name]Viv[/name] seemed obviously a shortened option to old-school, antiquey [name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name] (as [name]Theo[/name] is obvious to [name]Theodore[/name], and [name]Max[/name] to [name]Maxwell[/name], etc.).

You like [name]Liv[/name] with [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Max[/name]? Not too modern sounding?

[name]Theo[/name] and [name]Max[/name], though diminutives of classic names, feel spunky and fresh to me. [name]Liv[/name] does, too. It does have a modern, young, urban vibe - probably because of [name]Liv[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] - but [name]Olivia[/name] is a classic name, too. It’s Shakespearean! So, yes, I would choose [name]Liv[/name], and I think it perfectly compliments [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Max[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I think [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Max[/name] are way more substantial than just [name]Viv[/name] for a girl. I find it incredibly insubstantial. [name]Liv[/name] is a real name in its own right, not just a nickname for [name]Olivia[/name], so it can stand alone just fine. I really like [name]Liv[/name], and it’s definitely not too modern, especially compared to [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Max[/name].