Kairos—the opportune name!

Has anyone ever had that moment when you just KNEW you’d found the perfect name? I literally stumbled upon my perfect [name_u]Kai[/name_u] name. I’ve longed for a [name_u]Kai[/name_u] for years—thinking [name_u]Micaiah[/name_u], [name_m]Mordecai[/name_m], [name_m]Caius[/name_m], and just [name_u]Kai[/name_u]— but not loving any of them.

Today, my husband and I were praying & he prayed for a “kairos moment” for someone and a lightbulb went off—Kairos! It was that moment for me, too, with this word-name. [name_u]An[/name_u] opportune moment, a revelation! All these years, and this word was right under my nose, waiting for the opportune time (ironic, isn’t it?!). I’ve even used it quite a bit in reference to the moment someone understands the [name_m]Lord[/name_m], and wants to repent: a kairos moment!

Best of all, it gets me to [name_u]Kai[/name_u].

Also, the “o” goes nicely with the long o’s in our other sons’ names—Job, [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], and [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]. Nameberry says pronunciation is Kye-Ross, but some versions I heard online sound more like Kye-Rose, with the “r” rolled a bit and the “o” sounding long.

Either way, if we ever have another boy, he’s already named. Not a lot of ppl understand that giddy feeling of finding the perfect name (for you), but I figure ppl here know. :wink:

16 Likes

[name_m]Kairos[/name_m] is really cool!! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] you’ve found the name :heart:

1 Like

Thank you!!! It is exciting even though I don’t know if I’ll get to use it. :rofl::woman_shrugging:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

1 Like

Thank you!!!

[name_m]Kairos[/name_m] is a very lovely name, and feels even more perfect for you! I adore your sons’ names as well. All the best.

1 Like

[name_m]Kairos[/name_m] is super cool!!

1 Like

Thank you! Looking for names that match but then don’t exactly match…becomes a tall order once you get to 5 children (we have 2 girls too). So happy to have one in my back pocket! :sweat_smile:

Thanks! I think so! Can’t see how I never saw it before yesterday. Crazy.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] love love it and I have always pronounced it kye-rose.

1 Like

Me too! Which is why I double checked when I saw kye-Ross. But looks like there is a variation. :raised_hands:

I’m so happy you found the perfect name! I hope that you get to use it! [name_m]Kairos[/name_m] is very unique, and I love the nickname [name_u]Kai[/name_u]!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Ha, yes. With 3 sons already, not sure I’ll get to use it, although we’re open to as many as God grants us. But it’s fun to play around & I’ll probably never stop falling in love with names. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_m]Kairos[/name_m] is a really cool name! (And I agree with you that the long ‘o’ pronunciation sounds more natural. That’s how I instinctively said it, anyway.)

1 Like

i love it!! kairos nn kai is super handsome and unique :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and also love the meaning! glad you found the perfect name :heart:

1 Like

It fits só well with your boys names

1 Like

I’ve never seen it before but it fits so well! Congrats!

1 Like

Congratulations on finding the one! It sounds perfect for you for so many reasons :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, I have always heard it/used it like that, but you know how it’s easy to sometimes butcher words from other languages. But I do think the longer o is common enough, it would come naturally to most ppl.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m pretty excited. :slight_smile: