Kanan

Please share your thoughts of [name_m]Kanan[/name_m]. I just found out I am expecting. [name_f]My[/name_f] boyfriend is really stuck on [name_m]Kanan[/name_m]. I dont hate it. [name_f]My[/name_f] choice was [name_u]Callen[/name_u]. So I don’t think we are too far off.
This is our first together.
[name_f]My[/name_f] kids are [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], [name_f]Claire[/name_f] & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].
His are [name_f]Arianna[/name_f] and a junior.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I think ‘cannon’. :slight_smile: How is it pronounced?

Definitely a different style then you other kids’ names but if you love it, use it! ^.^

Hmm its ok… do prefer your choice though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t personally like it. [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was it seems to be a misspelling of cannon. [name_u]Or[/name_u] will you pronounce it kah-non?
Have you thought of [name_m]Gannon[/name_m]?

Its pronounced like cainan

I’m not sure how to pronounce that, could you spell it our phonetically? :confused:

Cainan

Maybe [name_m]Canaan[/name_m]? I do love [name_u]Callen[/name_u] though

1 Like

KY-nahn? KAY-nawn? I don’t understand, sorry. :frowning:

KEYNAHN

Does that help

1 Like

Yes, thanks.

I don’t think it’s initiative enough for the USA — I would spell it Kinan. :grin:

I know a [name_m]Canaan[/name_m]! It’s not necessarily one that everyone will get immediately but I think it has a handsome sound and looks solid. I think that would be my favorite spelling as well because it’s the most traditional.

1 Like

I like it but that spelling was a bit confusing for me. I would’ve guessed “[name_m]Cannon[/name_m]” until you mentioned it was pronounced like “[name_m]Canaan[/name_m]”. I did click on the name and finds [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars character with the name. With how big [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars is, I’d hope pronunciation issues would be little.

I’m in the US and it was perfectly intuitive for me.

Kanan is pretty cool :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be sure how to pronounce it. It’s okay but I prefer [name_u]Callen[/name_u].

I think because it’s spelled with an A (KANan) no one would really pronounce it KEYnan. What about the [name_m]Kienan[/name_m] spelling? [name_u]Or[/name_u] alternatively: [name_u]Kieran[/name_u], [name_m]Cormac[/name_m], [name_u]Callum[/name_u], [name_u]Callan[/name_u], [name_u]Callahan[/name_u], [name_m]Conan[/name_m], [name_m]Conall[/name_m]? I think all of these + [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] go much better with your other kids’ names