Katarina anyone?

What does everyone think of [name]Katarina[/name]? I’ve loved it ever since reading “The Taming of the Shrew” (although he spells it [name]Katherina[/name]). Our top choice is [name]Cecily[/name] for my partrners favorite play “The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name].” [name]How[/name] do you think [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Katarina[/name] would sound for sisters? I know they are a little different, [name]Cecily[/name] feels a lot softer to me, but I kinda like that they are disntinct. I do think it would be nice to have two girls each named after our favorite plays, it helps tie the names together in my eyes.

Also, [name]How[/name] does [name]Katarina[/name] Cruse sound? Is it too much alliteration? I wouldnt use a nn most likely.

Thanks.

I don’t think [name]Katarina[/name] Cruse is too much alliteration. I actually love the name, though I prefer the C-spellings (but I generally prefer C’s over K’s when they are legitimate variations.) I don’t think [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Katarina[/name] make a bad sibset. Not the most brilliantly matched pair ever, but they don’t clash or anything, and it’s cute that they’ll both be after plays.
Two potential problems with the name, as lovely as it is. The first is that you said you wouldn’t use a nickname, which may be true, but you can’t expect other people to say all 4 syllables all the time. The [name]Katerina[/name]/[name]Caterina[/name]/Catarinas I knew (3 total) were all called [name]Kat[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Kit[/name] [name]Kat[/name], [name]Rina[/name], etc. just because people didn’t want to say the whole thing. So expect that she’ll have a nickname- whether you like it or not. The second possible issue is spelling- it’s a very multicultural name, and, unfortunately, every culture has its own spelling. Expect to repeat the spelling over and over and over and over again. But I do think it’s worth the trouble- It’s absolutely gorgeous!

Gorgeous name, and I love the spelling [name]Katarina[/name]. [name]Cecily[/name] is a gorgeous name, too – and they sound great together!

@daisy
Thanks for the reply. You are probably right about the nn thing. I like [name]Katie[/name] and love [name]Kate[/name], so I guess I would choose one of those. The only problem with [name]Katie[/name] though is the [name]Katie[/name] Cruse thing…Did [name]Katie[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] take [name]Tom[/name] [name]Cruise[/name]'s last name? If so that could be a problem. I went through the same thing when I liked [name]Penelope[/name] and then realized 5 minutes later when I said the full name out load that there was a problem lol.