Kate

[name]Merry[/name] [name]Christmas[/name] to all!

[name]Just[/name] curious what your ladie’s thoughts are on the name [name]Kate[/name]. She’d be named [name]Katherine[/name] but called [name]Kate[/name]. ANY type of thoughts welcome!!

Thanks!

[name]Katherine[/name] nn [name]Kate[/name] is one of the best names ever and has a really long shelf life. But it is very popular. We know so many Kates and Katies. Still it is so tempting to use that name. I would definitely consider it.
Alternatives to [name]Katherine[/name] nn [name]Kate[/name]:
[name]Anna[/name] - I don’t think [name]Anna[/name] is as popular on the [name]West[/name] Coast as it is on the [name]East[/name] Coast. So if you live out [name]West[/name] and want a classic, beautiful name, here it is.
[name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Cate[/name] - this spelling is more original than [name]Katherine[/name] nn [name]Kate[/name].
[name]Clare[/name], [name]Claire[/name] - [name]Clare[/name]/[name]Claire[/name] has that stately, classic quality that [name]Kate[/name] has. It can be a nn for [name]Clara[/name] or [name]Clarissa[/name]. [name]Clare[/name]/[name]Claire[/name] is not quite as popular as [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name].
[name]Frances[/name] - Classic and stately. Fun nn’s: [name]Franny[/name], [name]Francie[/name], [name]France[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Iris[/name] - Not classic, but holds its head up proudly like the flower. A gorgeous name that is simple and short like [name]Kate[/name].
[name]Maeve[/name] - [name]Maeve[/name] has that short stately charm that [name]Kate[/name] has. Yet it is much more unusual. [name]Maeve[/name] sparkles!
[name]Olivia[/name] nn [name]Olive[/name], [name]Ollie[/name], [name]Livia[/name], [name]Liv[/name], [name]Livy[/name] - The name [name]Olivia[/name] is also very popular. But it has so many nn’s! If your daughter is in a class with three Olivias, she can pick a nn that no one else is using. [name]Olivia[/name] is not as popular on the [name]West[/name] Coast as it is on the [name]East[/name] Coast.
[name]Rose[/name] - can be a nn for [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], etc. [name]Rose[/name] is very unusual as a first name. It is classic, short, and sweet in the same way that [name]Kate[/name] is. [name]Rose[/name] is a gorgeous name!
[name]Veronica[/name] - [name]Veronica[/name] is a saint’s name, just like [name]Katherine[/name]. My favorite nn for [name]Veronica[/name] is [name]Vera[/name]. There is also [name]Nica[/name]. [name]Veronica[/name] is not that popular and very pretty. It is one of my favorite names.

My daughter is [name]Kate[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]. I love it because it is classic yet not too “old.” We do call her [name]Katie[/name] sometimes but as she gets older, she may want to go back to just [name]Kate[/name]. I think it is cute, yet sophisticated.

It depends on your last name. I think it is strong and beautiful. Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Carter[/name]! [name]How[/name]'ve you been? :slight_smile: I love [name]Katherine[/name], nn [name]Kate[/name]. Like [name]Elizabeth[/name], I think of it as a name that retains its elegance despite its popularity.

I hope [name]Mabel[/name] had a great [name]Christmas[/name]! :slight_smile:

Take care!

Thank you for all of your thoughts!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jill[/name]!!! We had a lovely [name]Christmas[/name]… hope yours was [name]Merry[/name]! When are you going to grace all the nameberry’s with a little one of your own!?

I’m glad you had a great holiday! I’ll hopefully have a little one sooner rather than later, but not anytime within the next nine months. :wink:

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

hello,

As a [name]Katherine[/name] who goes by [name]Kate[/name]…I can tell
that I love it so much…it is so sophiscated
and can fit a grown up and a child. It. may be
popular but it has a timeless appeal to almost
everyone.

• [name]Kate[/name]

I have to agree with keiley…sophisticated and gorgeous! I love it!

PS - I want to help name a [name]Jill[/name]-baby! :wink:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Kate[/name]! Beautiful!!

[name]Kate[/name]'s a gorgeous nickname, and I MUCH prefer it to the childish and dated [name]Katie[/name]. That being said, personally I’d adjust your spelling to [name]Catherine[/name] with the nickname [name]Cate[/name]. I like this softer, more unique spelling for a pretty, classic name. If you just want to name her [name]Kate[/name], I’d use the Irish spelling, [name]Cait[/name], which still means “pure.”

Best of luck and happy new year!

I love it!

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m a [name]Kate[/name] (not a [name]Katherine[/name] or a [name]Kathleen[/name] or a [name]Kaitlin[/name]…just a [name]Kate[/name]) and I love it. It’s a great first name and a great nickname. Has definitely served me well over my lifetime. I’ve always felt it was feminine and perfect at any age.

I’ve always loved the name [name]Kate[/name].

Good luck!