Katherine?

I used to only like the spelling [name]Catherine[/name] and I still do! But I really love the nickname [name]Kitty[/name]. [name]Katherine[/name] was my great-grandmother’s name and she spelled it [name]Katherine[/name], but her mother named her [name]Catherine[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name] is pretty?

Thanks!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], and more of a fan of [name]Kate[/name] for nn than [name]Kitty[/name]. But beautiful name. Also love it for a mn

I love the name [name]Katherine[/name] AND I love it spelled both ways AND I love the nn [name]Kitty[/name].

I usually like Cs over Ks, but I prefer the [name]Katherine[/name] spelling.

[name]Kitty[/name] is a nice nn. I also know a [name]Katherine[/name] who goes by [name]Kay[/name], which I like.

For some reason, I’m not a [name]Katie[/name] fan. And, I prefer [name]Cate[/name] to [name]Kate[/name] - [name]Kate[/name] looks harsh to me. [name]Kitty[/name] is cute, too. I also knew a girl named [name]Cathryn[/name] that went by [name]Cat[/name]. That being said, if a girl is going to go by the full name, I prefer [name]Katharine[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name] to [name]Catherine[/name].

I love [name]Katherine[/name] and prefer it over [name]Catherine[/name]. Such a classic.

I think I’m the only one so far who prefers [name]Catherine[/name] over [name]Katherine[/name]. I think the C has a softer more feminine feel, but if you like the nn [name]Kitty[/name] than I think [name]Katherine[/name] would be better.

I perfer Cs to Ks they seem more femine i love the spelling of [name]Catherine[/name] this way i also think the nn cat is appropiate or u could still call her citty.

1. Yes, I think [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name] is a lovely name, and one that is durable enough to last a lifetime.

2. I completely understand the [name]Catherine[/name] vs. [name]Katherine[/name] dilemma - [name]Catherine[/name] sounds a bit more distinguished, but [name]Katherine[/name] offers the better nn options. I’d probably reach your conclusion as well that the nn options tip the scales toward the “K” spelling.

3. I met a young woman this week named [name]Katherine[/name], called [name]Kitty[/name], and the name really grabbed me. It seemed to perfectly balance jauntiness, femininity, competence, and timelessness. Great choice.

I love [name]Katherine[/name], and think the [name]Kitty[/name] nickname is darling! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

My mom is [name]Katherine[/name] nn [name]Kitty[/name]. Hers is a nickname in the sense that she’s only ever been called [name]Kitty[/name] since she was born. She loves her name and thinks it’s so much more interesting than [name]Katie[/name]. When she was little people would call her ‘[name]Kitty[/name] cat’ and think they were so clever. Obviously I love it simply because it’s my mom and I really can’t imagine her with any other name… but when I separate it from my mom sometimes I think it’s weird.

I love both the C and the K spelling. [name]Catherine[/name] seems soft and [name]Katherine[/name] seems strong. I think you could use the nickname [name]Kitty[/name] either way, since the K sound is the same in both spellings.

Two thumbs up for [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Kitty[/name]!

I absoloutely adore the name [name]Katherine[/name]. :slight_smile:

I grew up with two girls - one named [name]Katherine[/name] and the other named [name]Catherine[/name] - and I always prefered the K spelling because it seems stronger and more dynamic than [name]Catherine[/name]. I especially love the nickname [name]Kitty[/name]. What a wonderful choice!

Tricky one, i prefer the C spelling though as it doesn’t seem so harsh, a friend of mine is spelt this way and her nn is [name]Cass[/name]. Either way though its a great name!

My confirmation name! I like it either way but used a “K”.
If you want to call her [name]Kitty[/name] I would go with “K”. [name]Cate[/name] or [name]Cathy[/name] could be the “C” [name]IMO[/name].
GREAT choice. [name]Love[/name] it without a NN too!