Katin? Brighton? Corinth?

[name]Both[/name] of these names have caught my attention this week, and I wonder what you guys think.

I’ve never seen KATIN before. I look at it and wonder how to say it and if it’s as pretty as it feels to me. [name]KAT[/name]-in? [name]KATE[/name]-in? [name]Just[/name] a weird spelling of [name]Kaden[/name]? I don’t even know where it came from!

When I see it spelled [name]Brighton[/name], I immediately think [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name], which gives me the warm fuzzies. But is it too close to “brighten”?

Is Corinth weird and other there, or cute? I used to like [name]Corinne[/name], then I liked just [name]Corin[/name], and recently was playing around and thought of Corinth. I once knew a girl named Corinthia, which I always thought was weird, but Corinth seems cool to me.

(I will also say that I fell in love with [name]Bristol[/name] lately, but would never use something so politically charged, no matter which side they fall on.)

You seem to have a big thing with place names! I’m not a fan, but it is a big trend. First off, I wouldn’t use Katin. It reminds me of Katyn, Poland, the site of a major Jewish massacre during the Holocaust. It is pronounced like COT-in. [name]Brighton[/name] is ok, and very identifiable with the place in [name]England[/name] for me. I pronounce [name]Brighton[/name] and the word brighten the same way because I clearly enunciate the t. Corinth is a bit weird as a name for me, as I simple associate it with the ancient city in Greece. I have to say the one I really don’t like is [name]Bristol[/name]. I feel like it’s going to get super trendy now due to [name]Bristol[/name] [name]Palin[/name].

I don’t care for Katin and Corinth - Katin seems odd and at the same time not different enough from [name]Kaden[/name], [name]Kayla[/name], [name]Kaitlyn[/name], etc. Corinth reminds me of the city and of Corinthian columns. But I love, love [name]Brighton[/name]. Although I would probably use it for a boy (not sure if you were thinking girl). I love the nn [name]Bright[/name] too. I would use it in a heartbeat if DH would agree.