Keep coming back to these names. Your opinion? New suggestions?

The first names I’m loving at the moment are: Belphoebe, [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], and Vespertine.
I’ve already posted about these names and I thought that taking a break from names for a while would give me some clarity, but I’m still kind of unsure. I’ve been searching for new name inspirations, but I keep coming back to these same names.

I really want a name that screams “faerie”.

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] Belphoebe. It makes me think of magical, mystical nights in the forest. Fairies. I see sparkling, swirling blues, purples, and pinks. I love unusual, out there, magical, over the top names, but I hate how familiar “[name_f]Bel[/name_f]” and “phoebe” are. Belphoebe is a very uncommon name but it has familiar sounds and I worry that it takes away from how special the name is. That’s my only problem with Belphoebe. What does the name make you think of?

I love [name_f]Cosima[/name_f]. It’s magical, starry, and gorgeous but this name may be becoming a little too “normal” for me (as a first name). I’ll probably take it off the first name list.

I feel like I just can’t get a good grasp on Vespertine. I love it but it confuses me. The name’s mysterious to me. [name_f]Misty[/name_f], foggy, cool nights. The darkening evening sky. Stars. Whispers. I don’t know. What does it make you think of?

I’ve also been crushing on [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], but [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]'s rising in popularity and I worry that [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] will make people automatically think of [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] and The Hunger Games. I love both franchises (especially HP) but would that be too much? These names probably won’t go anywhere.

What do you think of [name_f]Circe[/name_f] (“sur-see”) as a first name?

For the middle names I was thinking maybe [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Evenstar, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Tinuviel, or [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

*Anyone have any opinions on any of these names? Or suggestions?

A few names I really like in the middle:

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Circe[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lux[/name_f]
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]
Tinuviel
[name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]

I don’t like first names that are too common or popular. I’m perfectly fine and comfortable with using unusual, over the top names as first names. I love names relating to nighttime and I love nature names.

Thank you to anyone who read through everything! Sorry it’s so long. :slight_smile:

Belphoebe – I see a lot of love for it here, but it’s one of those names that screams ‘try hard’ to me. Sorry!
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] – I’ve really been warming up to it. I think it’s a cute.
Vespertine – See Belphoebe (I like [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], though).

[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] – Sorry to confirm your suspicions, but it does bring to mind [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] Lestrange, who is not the best association.
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] – For me, it’s not as tied to The Hunger Games, as [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] is tied to [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]. I think it’s a sweet name, and honestly, the character association is much better than [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f].
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] – Beautiful name!

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] – I like it, but it’s partially ruined (for me) due to the very unlikeable character on Game of Thrones. Her name is spelled differently, though, so it might just be me.

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Evenstar – I love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], and Evenstar is a fascinating middle (I think I’d prefer Eveningstar, though), but I don’t know if I like them together. Kind of because in my head, it becomes ‘aurora borealis evenstar’ (too nature-y).
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Tinuviel – Beautiful.
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] – [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Luna[/name_f], dislike [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. The combo is alright, but not too fond of the cacophony (lunalice).

The only combo I can think of is [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Belphoebe.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to add suggestions! Here you go:
Fable
Maeve
Elanor
Isolde
Poet
Sonnet
Elvira
Senna
Marian
Hero
Juno
Arwen / Anwen
Starling (probably best suited as a middle name)
Vega
Lyra
Cassiopeia / Cassia
Sylvana
Morgana
Silver
Skye
Echo
Astrid
Meadow
Callista

Belphoebe - love this name! On the other hand, [name_f]Belle[/name_f] and Pheoebe part might give you headache.

[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] - lovely and unusual name, I think of stars

Vespertine - it’s adorable and rare and beautiful

[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] - [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] association don’t bother me, but it’s not pretty at all to me.
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] - it’s beautiful gem! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] sound, it’s unique and elegant!
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] (“sur-see”) - it’s OK

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Evenstar - beautiful!
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Tinuviel - I prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Evenstar
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] - not magical enough

Suggestions:
Eilonwy
[name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
Blanchefleur
Valkyrie
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f]
[name_f]Margery[/name_f]
[name_f]Marjorie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cyrilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Clelia[/name_f]
Florestine
[name_f]Vala[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Astraea[/name_f]

Belphoebe - Personally i have to agree with the top comment it sounds a bit “try hard” to me (but hey if you love it than that’s all that matters)
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] - Not a huge fan
Vespertine - I actually really like this name especially when you shorten it to “[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]”

[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] - While i love this name it instantly reminds me of [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] Lestrange…sorry!
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] - I don’t associate it as much with the hunger games as i do with [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] and [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]. Overall it’s a sweet feminine name and could be shortened to “Prim” or “[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]” which both sound really pretty.
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] - I personally prefer [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] but it’s still a nice name.

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] - Sorry but i really dislike this name

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Evenstar - [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is beautiful! love that name! and Evenstar is growing on me
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Evenstar - I prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Evenstar
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] - I love the name [name_f]Luna[/name_f] but i don’t like it paired with [name_f]Alice[/name_f]…[name_f]Luna[/name_f] is too alternative to be put with such a conservative name like [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

Suggestions:
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]
[name_f]Astraea[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] (as a first name)
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] (as a first name)
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
don’t have many more as i think my name’s would be a bit too common for your unique taste :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I have used both Belphoebe and [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] on my short list (though mostly as middles). Belphoebe does feel like a fairy name though it sounds familiar. And [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]… the HP connection is annoying, but I also count the astonomical connection, which is a huge bonus point. [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] doesn’t scream faerie though, I always imagine a brave female warrior. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] are lovely. If you worry about [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]'s popularity, what about her [name_m]Roman[/name_m] counterpart, Proserphina?

And about Vespertine… she makes me think about sunset. Still warm enough but with chilly wind.

Some names that make me think of Faeries:
Nimue
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f]/[name_f]Undine[/name_f]
[name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Amoret[/name_f]
[name_f]Morgana[/name_f]
[name_f]Yseult[/name_f]
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
Tinuviel
Hespera
[name_f]Frostine[/name_f]
[name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]

I didn’t expect this many replies. :slight_smile:

daphodil: Thanks for breaking down my list. I know Belphoebe and Vespertine are too much for a lot of people, but I don’t mind it. I like your suggestion of Eveningstar! I’ll have to think it over. I like a lot of your suggestions, some of them are already on my list! I’ve been considering [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] lately, but I would hate if it was shortened to [name_f]Cassie[/name_f], which seems very likely.

sorceress: [name_f]Glad[/name_f] that you like the Belphoebe, [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], and Vespertine! When I first though of [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] I thought it might be lacking something… I think I might drop that combo.

alana20: [name_f]Glad[/name_f] you like Vespertine! [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] is a great nickname. I love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] too, it’s one of my favorites! You’re right, [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is too “normal” for this combo. Not magical enough.

c@29: [name_f]Glad[/name_f] that you love Belphoebe! Very fairy. I love how starry [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] is too. I could definitely see “female warrior”. I think I’m going to put it on my middle name list though. I really like Proserpina, but I just don’t love it as much as [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]. I love your suggestions. [name_f]Undine[/name_f] and Tinuviel are on my middle name list. For a while I was really into Hespera, but I’d kind of forgotten about it until now so thanks for suggesting it! It’s going on my list. :slight_smile:

sorceress & alana20: I love your suggestions of [name_f]Astraea[/name_f]! I’m really loving this name. It’s going on my list! :slight_smile:

I’m taking Vespertine, [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], and [name_f]Circe[/name_f] off the first name list for now. I’m keeping Belphoebe. I’ve decided that I’m okay with the familiarity of “[name_f]Bel[/name_f]/le” and “phoebe”. The two names have really beautiful meanings and I think they’re so magical and unusual together in this one name! I’m dropping [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] as a combo, but I still can’t decide between [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Evenstar and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Tinuviel. I’m also adding [name_f]Astraea[/name_f] and Hespera to my list.

Thanks for the helpful replies everyone! :slight_smile: